Hey David Got another question for ya

Bronze Member
Username: Hmpadilla

Post Number: 18
First of all,wish I would have done some more research on this rear speaker thing in my Avalanche.I wouldn't have bought a 5ch amp.My question is,my amp puts out 110wx2 @2 ohms rms and 55w x 2 @ 4ohms.If I'm only going to be using a set of components in the front door should I just find a set of 2 ohm speakers or what's the best way to wire them up to get the maximum benefit of the amps power? Also the sub channel puts out 300w RMS @2 ohms for reference.Thanks Henry

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 334
Can you bridge the channels to the door speakers? Like 1&2 to the front left and 3&4 to the front right? As for your sub channel, look for a sub that is 300 watts rms, and DVC 4 ohm, this way you can wire it in parallel to get the 300 watts.

Bronze Member
Username: Hmpadilla

Post Number: 19
not sure about the amp.can't find the manual.I'm running a Hifonics Zues ZX8000.I think you can bridge it,but not sure.For the sub,I'm actually running 2 10" Kenwood KFC-W2509 that are SVC wired in series(?) (Both + together and both - together)They sound ok on what I call simple bass (slow single booms)but when the bass gets more complicated,they are not so good.It's as if they can't keep up.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 365
You can bridge it 2 x 200 Watts + 1 x 300 Watts @ 4 Ohms. I would bridge channel 1&2 and feed both up front speakers off of it so they get 100 watts apiece. Those subs aren't all that great and that is why they can't get too complex. I am having the same problem with my Diamond 10". I suggest doing what I am doing, saving up some more cash for a better sub. With 300 watts the Ascendant Audio 12" Atlas would do nice, plus it's only $150. That one 12" would destroy those Kenwoods.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us