12 vs 15

Bronze Member
Username: Basketballinu05

Post Number: 20
i gotta extended cab silverado and i want some subs but i was wondering how 1 15 compared to 2 12s of the same model would sound because i am just going to set the box in the back seat and two 12s take up too much space

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 205
go 1 18 icnh CVR from kicker

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 290
In the backseat? Or on? Have you thought about going under the seat? Or behind the back seat?

Bronze Member
Username: Mad_at_madd

Chico, CA USA

Post Number: 25
Two decent 12's would be louder. If you think about it, one 15" sub would have to have a lot higher excursion than to 2 12's in order to move the same amount of air. Two 12" circles will have more area than one 15" circle.

However, if the music you listen to has a lot low, deep bass. The 15" will be able to produce those notes with less distortion, but 15's won't produce the higher notes and punchy beats of hard rock songs very well. I prefer 12's myself, they are more versatile and are able to produce tight, punchy bass in rock music and they do a pretty good job with the low bass of rap.

It just depends on what kind of sound you like and what kind of music you listen too.

Bronze Member
Username: Basketballinu05

Post Number: 23
yeah i am just going to set the box on top of the back seat that is if i go with one 15 if i got 2 12s they would go under the seat..i listen mostley to rap
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us