What amp for my subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 84
Well i finally got my paycheck, been a while, lol. I ordered my 2 12" atlas and im building my own fiberglass layout in my trunk. Im probobly going to run the Atlas in an Infinit Baffle Setup, or ported. I need an amp now. My budgets like 300-400$. I was looking at PG 600.1 amp. I would like some input on what i should run and best for the buck. Also whats ur input in MA Audio?, i can get it CHEAP right now, which they already probobly are.

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 569
Check out the kicker KX 600.1 and the jbl bp 600.1 or the ppi a600.2 on ebay. If you can find a jl 500/1 then thats a good choice also. I whould go with the a600.2 or jl 500/1 if i were you.

Username: Mad_at_madd

Chico, CA USA

Post Number: 4
Check out indoaudio.com. In Feb. 2004 I bought a Memphis 500 watt D-class amp for $240.00 shipping included and the suggested retail price was $599.00. About a month later my cousin bought a memphis 1100 watt D-class for $384.00 shipping included and the suggested retail on that amp was $899.00. I'm not saying to buy a memphis, even though both those amps rocked, but they have really good deals.

Just, FYI my 500watt system with 2 single VC 12's hit 140.2dB's and my cousin's system just high 151.6dB's with 12 memphis M3 12's in a ported box.

It is now 13 months later and both amps are still subin.

Bronze Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 86
awsome thanks, ill check it out, did you order online or storebaught

Username: Mad_at_madd

Chico, CA USA

Post Number: 6
eBay actually. If you go to the indoaudio website and search for memphis products it will take you to their eBay store and all of their memphis products available will be listed.

Each time I dealt with them I had the amp. at my door step in Chico, CA from Orange county, CA in two days.

Memphis is not a widely known brand, except by the true audiophile. I highly recommend their products. My cousin's entire system is Memphis except his head unit and it's loud and sounds crystal clear.

Bronze Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 90
awsome thanks :P

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1208
i will vouce for indoaudio.com i have made a couple dealings with them, and all products arrived at my door 4-5 days after payment...thats expected though seeing as i live in Connecticut...

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1209
oh yes, as for MA audio, i'm running an HK1998 ma audio amp...works beautifuly on my hcca...

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 193
how about my amp im sellin...its a goodin but it will underpower your subs though...im offerein 155 obo on it

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 194
MA audio is more spl than anything...they bump REALLY hard but not much sq
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us