Should i go with a 15 AL 12 Al or 10 Ti with my jl 500/1 ?

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 226
okay i dont know which sub i should go with... the amp is a 500/1 ... i could get a 12 Al 8100 (best Al) or the 15 for 200 ... how much extra would i get out of the 15 becuase if its not too much id rather save the room ... or should i go with a 10 inch Ti for 250.. im not sure if i would push it well enough with the 500/1 though... would the Ti still be louder/ sound better? give me some thoughts please, thanks

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 567
I have the 500/1 and if i were you i whould go with the www.ascendantaudio.com Avalanche 15 instead cause it will be more efficiant then all of those and get louder then all of those and maintain great SQ like like brahma sub. If you still wanna go with the Eclipse's i whould stick with the 12 or 15 AL 8100 and run it off the 500/1. The 15 will handle the lows better though and the 12 will be more accurate.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 227
mo are you sure i will get more output from the avalanche? because the xmax of the avalanche is 27mm and the xmax of the Al is 30mm ... and since the avalanche needs about 750-800 watts for prime output and im only giving it 500 Jl watts (so probably close to 600) the avalanche wont reach its xmax where as the Al should reach its 30mm xmax

Silver Member

Post Number: 574
Trevor..Trust me on this. You can ask James about it to confirm. The Avalanche is extremely efficiant with a 500/1 and besides the 500/1 is uderated and can put out about 600 watts easy at 12.8volts. tell you what. Go ahead and talk to chad from www.ascendantaudio.com and just call the order number like you whould to order over the phone and ask for him. he will answer every question you have and if you wanna know exactly what kinda box and wattage just ask him.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 228
alright thanks for the info MO i;ll give him a call one day

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 229
ing, mo, have you ever hear the 88100 series from eclipse... because im quite confident i can make the 12 or 15 get in the 140s ... so do you really think the avalanche 15 will have that much over the AL ? the reason im being so repetative is because the avalanche is $300 where as i can get the AL for $200 which i can barely afford since i have to buy the 500/1 and enclosure materials counting my next few paychecks...lol

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 230
sorry i dont know how the beginning got cut off....

just wondering, mo,****

Silver Member

Post Number: 581
Trevor ill tell you what bro.. I will sell you my brand new jl 500/1 for a deal cheaper then you can get at stores. I am looking into another amp as we speak and i havent used that 500/1 yet and is sitting here in my room, And yes the 8810 series eclipse is nice but the avalanche will require less power and get louder at the same power. Do you have yahoo or aim???

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 233
i have aim ... bucssbchamps007 ... the 007 are 2 zeros not o's

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 234
but im going to bed for now i;ll talk to you later about that...

Silver Member

Post Number: 584
Ok man ill let you know in the morning.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us