How big of an amp can i use and be safe?

Jordan James
Unregistered guest
I have two 15" Pyramid subs 600 Watt RMS Power each 1200 Watt Peak Power each 4 Ohms Impedance what is the most watts i can run to EACH ONE with out damaging them?

with a ported box

Username: Mad_at_madd

Chico, CA USA

Post Number: 8
In theory you can run an amp with a 1200 watt RMS at a 2ohm mono load, if you wire the speakers in parallel. However, if you are going to do this I would recommend running something like a 1200watt sound storm or some other lower quality brand, 1200watt amp.

I had a 1600watt sound storm at one point running two Alpine type E 12's they were 4ohm single V.C. subs. They had a RMS/peak of 250/500 and the Sound storm pushed them fine. However, when I bought my 500watt memphis, which should have been safe for the speakers according to their rating, I blew one of the speakers within 3 months time.

Jordan James
Unregistered guest
are you saying run 1200w to each or one 1200 watt powering both subs?

Jordan James
Unregistered guest
are you saying run 1200w to each or one 1200 watt powering both subs?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1946
No offense, but what he's saying is that if you run 1200 watts to them, make sure you get a crappy amp to match the crappy subs. A crappy amp won't push near the 1200 watt's they say they can, nor can your subs take near the 1200 watts they say the can.

Bronze Member
Username: Mad_at_madd

Chico, CA USA

Post Number: 13
Yeah, what Joe said.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us