Problem Pioneer 960 Premier

Username: Black013

Post Number: 1
The cd player working fine than the oel display starterd freezing than it got worser and worser now when fold down that faceplate the oel is just doesn't work at all now the oel display is black but yet cd player still plays and the lcd display still works can some tell me how to fix this tried to reset it but it did'nt work and there is a guy fixes this exact problem on EBAY ( so I know Its a common problem)but I think I can fix it my self anyone know how ? also does pioneer have a 1-800 # because the website didn't say anything.

Post Number: 3
its a DEH-P960MP

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 112
Their support phone number(800) 421-1404 is on the support page of their website. The support page also displays times at which you can reach one of their customer agents, you might want to check that out.

Your display might just need to be replaced because they only have a certain amount of life. However it seems like a newer unit and i'm guessing you haven't used it heavily...

Post Number: 4
its not new its used i bought it off off ebay if the display is the problem can i just buy a display off thier website and install it myself, is it easy to do?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 114
It's somewhat complex, you might want to have a technician do it if possible. I took apart my DEH-P6400 faceplate with an OEL display and it has a ribbon cable coming out from the display and soldered to the unit. I took some pics so you can judge how difficult it would be for yourself:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/illuminator321/DSCN0740.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v346/illuminator321/DSCN0741.png

Of course, this unit is quite a bit different than yours, but the concept is still basically the same.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us