Fake or real

Username: Chungy

Australia

Post Number: 6
been looking at some sellers (IndoAudio, AussieCarAudio, LocustAudio etc..) on ebay selling amplifiers like Audibahn, kickers and rockford fosgates. Are they the real stuff? or just look alike with inferior internal components?

Don't wanna spend $$$ on fake inferior components.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 411
I doubt they would do that.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1932
I don't think I've really ever heard of people selling stuff no Ebay that looked legit, but had diff. internals. Wouldn't it be too much of an effort for the scammers to change everything around?

Australia

Post Number: 8
these days with the china and 3rd world countries anything is possible (to duplicate) from chips to cars. The sellers did say the products don't come with serial numbers to prevent ppl from returning the products back to the manufacturers themselves.

Have u any friends who had bought from these sellers before?

Bronze Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 89
I have bought from IndoAudio before...they are legit. shipping took longer than I wanted, then again i am an eager inpatient person. you should have no problems. most of these people use ebay as a buisness, some make a living from it.

goon

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 11
how was the equipment? no worries eh?
If you guys say it's safe then i'll go ahead with IndoAudio

thanks mate

Username: Arsenault_denis

Post Number: 6
indoaudio are good people. they seem to be doing pretty good on e-bay

Bronze Member
Username: Abew330

Camarillo, Ca Usa

Post Number: 48
i bought from IndoAudio too.. good sh!t.. but too much for ship.. they'll rip u off.. bought a few amps some subs added up to 200.. i was alright with the price then i got a email saying 100and some change for shipping.. i was like hell no its not goin to cost 100+ to ship 3 things 40miles away from me..

Bronze Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 91
I have always found that you can work a deal with these people when it comes to shipping, and the actual price of the item. I'm not saying IndoAudio has done it or will do it. but i know people can be flexible. never hurts to ask.

goon

Silver Member
Username: Bdonkersgoed

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 182
I was going to order from IndoAudio until I read the horror stories on www.cardomain.com :-( I decided to spend a little bit extra and order from Dimension Audio instead, and they were much better to deal with. They actually responded to my questions with meaningful answers.

Good luck,
Bryan

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 12
which link in cardomain is it bryan??
will look at dimension audio too. thanks dude

yeah, howie i think you get what u negotiate. I'll do just that when placing my orders.

Any other sites worth looking into for ordering amps and speakers? thanks ya all.

later

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 283
if you wanna make sure the products you ar ebuying are legit, you can ask for serial numbers and contact the manufacturer about them. that is, if its a good company that keeps up with that stuff. if the store is selling legit product, then they shouldn't have a problem giving you that information.

i've ordered from ikesound and indoaudio and had no problems.

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 15
indoaudio says they remove serial numbers to prevent ppl from returning d products back to the manufacturer coz' it's only good if it's returned to them (indoaudio).

will look into ikesound. thanks dude

Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 4
whats a best amp i can get for the money, i already have a kenwood kac-929 1000w and its too much power. i want somethin in the 600-800watt range, whats the best ?

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 17
someone said the MTX are a good buy now so try the MTX Thunder 6152($160) or the Thunder 4202 ($130).

But your KAC-929 is only a two-channel amp with power ratings of 150 watts x 2 or 460 watts x 1 into 4 ohms and 230 watts x2 into 2 ohms.You're a lot more likely to find this amp drawing 1000 watts than outputting 1000 watts.

You might want something lower if you find your current kenwood too "powerful" hehe..like the above MTX's.75 - 200rms watt.

have fun

Bronze Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 86
You never know though. I've heard stories of amps being shipped with no internals.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us