Dust creeping in behind CDA9831 front display.

BusterDust
Unregistered guest
I've had this HU for a few months now, and i love it. But lately i've been noticing some lint and dust creeping behind the screen and right on the inner display!
At night it is not visible..but during daylight, the HU looks ugly,old and worn out.
Anyone else has the same problem?
I cant see any openings on the faceplate itself which the dust may have crept through though.. was the dust sucked in from a cooling fan on the back of the HU or somthing?
Anyone know how to stop this? I would be extremely greatful.

Bronze Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 59
It's almost inevitable! And yeah, i've had the same problem with many of my headunits...I normally just take the faceplate apart and clean it with a static-free wipe or something that won't damage the display, although you might not want to go that far.

Silver Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 110
your 9831 has a cooling fan on the back of the HU?

Bronze Member
Username: Bnh142

Post Number: 68
You usually just need to remove three screws on the back of the faceplate and then carefully pry the faceplate open to access the screen. Dust has a habit of finding its way back there somehow.

BusterDust
Unregistered guest
Thanks guys, will it damage the display if i use normal lint-free cloth? Is it safe to use compressed air?

kklagge:
Didn't bother to look.. Just thinking up possible causes heh..there had to be something causing the dust to build up behind the display :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 65
It will be fine, the compressed air would probably be the best idea.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us