Installation of CD player in a 95 Eagle Talon

Anonymous

For the past few days I've been trying to install my cd player into my 95 Talon. Ive hooked up the 12V battery wire, im getting power and grounding the ground wire and grounding the stereo itself onto the brackets. I know i have power because the lights come on, and the speakers do nothing but pop and crack. And when i take my faceplate off the lights in the cd player get brighter. I cant get anything to come up and ive searched everywhere for diagrams that would help me out. So i was wondering if anyone would know anything about this problem.

Email me ( jofan609@yahoo.com ) or post.

Bronze Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 60
What type of CD player is it?

JKW
Unregistered guest
Sounds like you blew the output ic in the unit. Meter your speaker wires for shorts to ground. Also some vehicles use common ground speakers. If this is the case you will have to run speaker wire to all of your speakers.

JKW

Anonymous

The Cd player is a cheap legacy lcd46dx HU. I have had the screen to show up some numbers and stuff but when it did, the radio stations searched its self and didnt stop, but the whole HU was working except, it wouldnt take a cd. But ill try your metering idea. One of my buddies just gave me a couple of JBL 6 1/2" speakers but i need to make a bigger bracket for them. (even tho that has nothing to do with this topic) But thanks for the help. If anyone else has any ideas or suggestions it would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Oh yea, if this helps any i chopped my factory wiring harness, i know everyone objects to that, but i was desperate for a cd player but runnin low on money. The Legacy didnt have an input for a wiring harness all it had was wires.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us