2 ports OK?

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 189
I want to try something I've never tried before. I want to build a 7 cube enclosure with 2 slot ports , one on each side of sub. think it will be o.k.?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1222
depends on the box requirements of the subwoofer when you make a box that large cubic feet wise. One thing youll want to realize is that it wont take as much power to reach full excursion and you may not be able to tune your box very low as a result. Two ports however is fine it will just take more depth of the port when you go from 1 to 2 to match a given port tune (ex. 35 hz 10 inches deep with one port 35 hz 13 inches depth with two ports...each port of equal length) Generally you dont want to go more than 2.5 times the recomended box size.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1223
what subwoofer is it you want to use and what size is it?

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 190
18" x.x.x.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1245
nice sub. Did you get the specs with that subwoofer if so run them by me. Also what amp are you going to run on that and what power?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1246
if you go large with this box its going to hit nasty low and hard

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 191
what do you mean "nasty" ? nasty as in horrible or nasty as in bad as$,awesome,etc. ? By the way I'm gonna give the Orion 1200d a try. its rated at 1200 watts rms x1 @ 1 ohm. Ive heard nothinkg but good things about this amp. My other 15's x.x.x. I just to run them with an Infinity1200a(1200rms x1)each and they pounded so fu[ken loud. we'll see how this Orion does.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1260
nasty as in bad a$$. yeah baby gotta love the low notes shakin the car apart and your neighbors windows at the same time .....nieghbors as you drive by anyway...not where you live. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us