First System

Anonymous

Alright, I just turned 16 and i just got my car. (A 93 Honda Accord 4 door se) I am pretty stoke. My First goal is getting a pretty nice system to put in it. the first thing i need is a head unit because as of now my car doesn't have one. Also I am interested in SPl. so i would like to know about the best head unit. i am willing to spend 300 for it. After that i would like to know what u guys think i should do amp and sub wise. i would like to get 2 subs and have one big massive amp powering it. i have a lot to learn but i guess the first thing i have to do is buy the products. rite now money isn't really a concern because i got my accord soo cheap. Please tell me what you think

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2218
OK for a head unit I am a big fan of Alpine myself but Eclipse is very good also. You can find really good deals on Ebay and over the internet as opposed to buying and paying retail! How much do you want to spend on amp and subs? and do you want an amp to run your mids and high'sor are you gonna run them off of the deck? are you gonna upgrade your speakers?

mrfloppy
Unregistered guest
alrite thanks for responding James longo. their are a couple things i dont understand about speakers.

one thing i do know is that Mono Amps are for subwoofers. The Amp i want to buy for my subs has to be a d class.

the thing i dont understand is how do u power your speakers. what kind of amp do u use and how much does that cost. also yes i guess i would have to upgrade my front speakers.

Money isn't that much of a problem. but i am looking for the bang of the buck deal.

mrfloppy
Unregistered guest
alrite thanks for responding James longo. their are a couple things i dont understand about speakers.

one thing i do know is that Mono Amps are for subwoofers. The Amp i want to buy for my subs has to be a d class.

the thing i dont understand is how do u power your speakers. what kind of amp do u use and how much does that cost. also yes i guess i would have to upgrade my front speakers.

Money isn't that much of a problem. but i am looking for the bang of the buck deal.

mrfloppy
Unregistered guest
ahh sorry for the double post. A thing you should know before you give me advice is that i would like to have the spl system that looks nice like neatly set up. my major emphasive is my trunk. http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/241025/3

this is a neat set up i have found.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2223
OK well you can run a class D amp for your subs but you dont have to. Typically for your mids and highs you will want to run a class a/b amp. I run class a/b to both my sub and mids and highs. to learn a little more about amps and their classes look into www.bcae.com , I would get a nice set of components for your fronts, and what kind of sub set-up were you thinking? 1,2,or 3subs like the car you showed me? Now you say you are after SPL is tyhat all you want? no sound quality at all?

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 162
mrfloppy...if u have msn add me and il tyell ya all about it danny__keen54@hotmail.com thats 2 underscores

mrfloppy
Unregistered guest
I want like Show SPL. if that makes any sense. your website is a link to a liqour license. the thing i like about the car in the link i sent is the trunk. i want to make my trunk like that with all the plexiglass. like plexiglass the all the amps and such. when u say nice set of componets wat brand do u mean and wat will it take to power them.

also im kinda into the Kicker subs. i heard good things and i like the way they look. but i would also like other suggestions

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 135
its www.bcae1.com if you want to look.. its a good site.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2233
oops I guess the 1 didnt register when I hit it thanks eric!

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 136
no problem, glad to be of help for once haha

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 230
OKay Mrfloppy, we're still going to need to knwo how much you have to spend. If you're mainly into SPL I would look at the RE MT and give it like 2 MTX 1501D's for power. You're also going to want some nice comps for the front doors. Look into CDT, Infinity, MB Quart, Boston, or Dynaudio. They all make great products, it will come down to which one sounds the best to you and for power to those speakers look at the PPI PC/PCX and art series amps for juice. I would look at the PPI A300. As for head units, Pioneer, Alpine, Eclipse and Clarion Pro are all excellent, you're maninly going to want to get the one that is tailored to what you want. Go to an audio store and play around with as many as possible before purchasing one.. I would also buy online because the price is much cheaper. Hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us