Please help me find the best speakers for my car.

Username: Mport1

Post Number: 1
I recently purchased a Alpine CDA-9813 for my car, but I need to get some new speakers. I have a Mercedes 300E and the back speakers are 5 1/4'' rounds, and they are 4'' rounds in front.

Right now I'm looking at getting either the Infinity Kappa 50.5CS or the 52.5i. First of all is there a real big difference between them and is it worth buying the more expensive one.

I'm trying to get these speakers on Ebay and am looking to spend around $100 - $150 for a pair of back speakers and the same amount for front speakers. Any suggestions on the best speakers I could get for the money?

Thanks for your help.

Post Number: 2
Oh, and I forgot to mention, I'm looking for really good all around sound, but especially good bass.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1398
a: you won't find any good 4" speakers.
look at mounting some good 6.5" separates in the doors.
b: go with Infinity Kappas, not Reference. You'll ge glad you did.
c: you won't get bass from 6.5" or smaller speakers. If ya want bass, add a subwoofer. Even if the sub is only a 6.5" tube that's self amplified, it'll cover the low end you lack from the rest of the system, and that 9813 has sub preouts.

Post Number: 3
How much would it cost to get them put into the doors?

Username: Tbone

Post Number: 10
That Costs varys car to car, hard to determine a price without looking at the car, and remember, any one can cut a hole, not everyone can repair the hole, so pay for a good shop to perform the work.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 1417
average is between $55-$85 to custom mount a pair in the doors at a reputible audio shop (as opposed to chopshops like circuit city and best buy. use a good shop.)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us