I need a EXPERT!! im such a noob

Username: Fugi

Post Number: 1
Hello,

Im new to this whole car audio thing.. i have a small skyline and i have just perchased a Alpine system.
My system includes:
1x Headunit- CDA-9855R
1x Amp- MRV-F545
2x Speakers- SPR-17LS
1x sub- SWR-1222D

Now to the problems.. i went on the alpine site and looked at i-personalize and i have no clue whats goin on.. can someone please help me set-up my
crossover settings/Time correction/Parametric equalizer...
i want to make it so im not running all mid's on splits all high's on tweeters and all low's on sub.

I-personalize screenshot

http://www.badongo.com/pic.php?file=picture-for-help__2005-12-13_i-personalize.J PG

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 360
you should have nothing but low setting to sub and mids and highs through other speakers. do this from the amp first then adjust settings on radio.

Gold Member
Username: Mikechec9

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 1826
wwwoooaah. you have a small skyline? as in nissan, or infiniti with a "skyline" badge?

Post Number: 2
I have a small skyline, 1992 r32 GTSt..

Post Number: 3
"i want to make it so im not running all mid's on splits all high's on tweeters and all low's on sub. "

opps i ment i want to run it so theres no lows on my splits and no highs or mids on my sub.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1831
nice ride. must be nice (one of my favorites).
i can only see the i-personalize being a benefit if you have a laptop in the car. i never use it. unless i misunderstand, you just need to adjust your xo.

Silver Member

Post Number: 391
run the channel that has your subs at low pass and the speakers at high or full pass

Silver Member

Post Number: 392
channel 3/4 for sub, it has mode selector switch, you actually will run that amp as a three channel, 2channel for the mids and highs and 1 channel for the sub....

Post Number: 4
ohh yea.. im kinda getting it.. with the i-personalize u do all the technical stuff on ur computer then upload it to ur headunit.. priddy cool..

ok.. im not realy getting it.. to make it easyer we will start with crossover control..

Upload

see how i have front speakers and subwoofer i dont know were to put the lines and points cauz i have no idea what dB and Hz are..

hope this makes it easyer to help..

Post Number: 5
this is 3 way but i dont know weather mine is 2 way or 3 way

Upload

im really bad arnt i :-(

Post Number: 7
Ohh yea and i thought i will just put a pic of my car for mike..

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1864
man. the fun i'd have. i grew up running bmw 3's and 5's and then a benz 430 sport (pop's).
lately i've gotten used to "riding" in my expedition. just had a hit & run, and received a g6 as a rental. man i miss "driving". did you get the conversion package or do the cops mess with you for the right side drive?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us