2v 4v 6.5v 8v outputs for HU WHY IS THIS SO IMPORTATNT?

Bronze Member
Username: Terps297

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 97
?
alot of the alpines have 2v output, is this bad, i keep hearing good things about alpine hu's will this be noticibly different rather than a 8v output from an eclipse hu?

Bronze Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 70
It just describes the signal strength to the amp. The higher the voltage, the cleaner the sound. The reason why you might want to go with lower voltage outputs is because some amps aren't compatible with the higher voltage outputs such as the 8v.

Bronze Member
Username: Terps297

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 98
would the 2v output of the cda-9853 be bad then? when is it noticible or when does it matter?

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 499
anything at 2 or above is decent

so its not bad, its just not the best

if you are listening to a crappy burned mp3 mix then its not really going to make a whole lot of difference but the eclipse will genereally give a better sound on things like CD's especially bc it has 24 bit DAC instead of 1 bit

i think a good way to visualize it is say there is going to be X amount of noise in your system well with 2 volt it will be X divided by 2 but with 8 volt it will be X divided by 8 so it will have proportionately less since it will be looking for a bigger signal

although the amps arent constantly at 8v

johnathan or glass can probably explain this a little more clearly considering they are pros but thats how i was trying to describe it to subfanatic earlier

L.L.
Unregistered guest
word.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us