Good cds?

Bronze Member
Username: Peerlessexample

Wichita, Kansas U>S>A

Post Number: 30
what are some cds that sound really good?
Rock or Rap. I have a few cds(burned) but otherwise i listen to the radio and im tired of the same gangsta candyshop rap songs playing 10000 times a day. so what cds do ya'll suggest?

slayerslayer
Unregistered guest
SLAYER, GOD HATES US ALL, DIVINE INTERVENTION, DIABOLUS IN MUSICA. Paul Bostaphs drumming will give your subwoofers a real workout. he blows Dave Lombardos doors off. Although the older slayer is much better, the newer slayer is much more sonic.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Silverdale, WA

Post Number: 220
American Head Charge for metal.

Rap is.... Three Six Mafia

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 175
3 6 Mafia - Da Unbreakables CD (and Late night Tip) Lil Jon CDs always hit. Lil Scrappy's stuff slams. I don't know about rock I only listen to rap and country (I know weird combo huh)

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 440
You all should try finding this album. It will hit harder then little jon and all that other stuff. Natas - Multikillionaire There a Rap group from Detroit and been out since 1990. They are called NATAS and this is there 4th album called Multikillionaire I couldnt believe how hard it hit until i heard it.

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 355
this is a good thread. you certainly cant rely on mainstream music sources such as MTV to provide you with talented artists; it seems like these days you have to rely on your circle of friends, in which some guy knows a guy that knows this dude..etc..to get some fresh info on good music. and of course the type of music that one thinks sounds "good" is about 100 time more subjective than what brand of speaker sounds "good" - which is very subjective.

personally, for some talented hip-hop, i like the Living Legends, Zion I, Heiroglyphics and that crew. one CD in particular, Zion, I - Deepwater Slang (www.zionicrew.com). Also, www.hieroglyphics.com , my favorite artist of the bunch is Del, also pep love and the grouch.
It's some new, different, lyrically talented hip-hop, different like wu-tang was in the early 90's. If you have winmx, look for that song "warriors dance" by zion i.

on a completely different side of hip-hop, i really like mike jones and that bunch (paul wall, slim thug, lil flip, etc). good ole dirty south rap.

lets see...what else...the postal service is some pretty decent stuff too. good electronic beats that can hit pretty hard.

what else ya'll? i need some new music also?

Bronze Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 67
For rock/metal I would go with Opeth, Arch Enemy(old stuff),Shawdows Fall, Children of Bodom and Devil Driver. My favorite rap song of all time has to be "Regulators" by Warren G and Nate Dogg. SOme other good rap would be Bone Thugs N Harmony, Sidinomis, and Ghetto Boys.

blahhh
Unregistered guest
N.A.T.A.S. = S.A.T.A.N.

Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 10
I second J.W.'s suggestion of the Postal Service, good driving tunes. I've always been a fan of Tribe Called Quest, a lot of their earlier stuff thumps pretty hard, and Fatboy Slim for something on the more electronic side.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 120
dont 4get about luda lol...especially stand up

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 121
ozzy and mudvayne are good rock and heavy metal bands
ozzy=no more tears
mudvayne=world so cold

Bronze Member
Username: W00b

Post Number: 18
heh.. if you want good jungle music (i know that sounds really stupid) but try overseer, their album wreckage is very very good, also prodigy - the fat of the land.. my fav type of music to listen to in the car is music like this.

Bronze Member
Username: Jbailey

Indianapolis, Indiana

Post Number: 15
For electronic music Crystal Method absolutely pounds, especially the song "High Roller" from their Vegas album, which you hear in a lot of car commercials. Also, Prodigy has some hard hitting songs like "Smack My *itch Up" and "Mindfields." Three-6-Mafia has a bunch of songs that hit, but hell so do about a thousand other rap groups. Anyone remember Nemesis, "Munchies for Your Bass?" That song hits like a truck. The old Power Supply albums are great for bass cd's. They hit like a motherfrigger and they almost sound like regular rap songs.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1105
capitol J....

Silver Member

Post Number: 445
NATAS stands for NATION AHEAD of TIME AND SPACE
Check out the natas album multikillionaire. Im telling you..lol just check it out. DOWNLOAD the track multikillionaire and nation of killas and Ballerz Envy and track 8 ?.... lol it will pound your subs like never before..its all raw

Silver Member

Post Number: 446
ALSO check out anything by ESHAM. New album out 04/19/05. A1 Yola

This hits hard and is not sloppy..believe it. Download REDRUM and BOSSUP and Kkkill the Fetus and As I Rock-N-Roll and Fallen Angel and Silicone. Just some songs out of this 20 plus albums he has released. All hits hard and sounds good in a nice system. Esham is a part of NATAS

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 410
yeah, "munchies for your bass" hits real hard. Daz Dillnger's "my system" hits the hardest in my truck.

Anonymous

The BEST song I have found is Round Here by Memphis Bleek. This song absolutely slams and gets extremely low. This is the song that sets the good systems from the bad. Dont try playing this with Audiobahn ( i've tried ) at high volumes.. it slams, realllllly low. give it a try

easily available on Limewire!!

Username: Mrmoneymachine8

Post Number: 5
the CD titled Trap Muzik by T.I. has multiple songs that slam. try any song on there. especailly track 9

Anonymous

mike jones, paul wall, chamillionare, slim thug, lil flip, lil keke, SWISHAHOUSE

Anonymous

slipknot, disturbed, Godsmack. all the metal you need

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 446
i'm sick of the song, but "Candy Shop" by 50 Cent straight Bangs! it's great for showing off your system to girls b/c it's all about sex, and it vibrates the seat and gets 'em all, well you know...hehehe...:-)

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 405
yeah more then half of the radio is dominated by 50 cent and it pisses me off. outta of every 3 songs played in a rowq on the radio at least one is something by 50 and thats on every station except a few.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1258
American Head Charge for metal.

Rap is.... Three Six Mafia

i second that, ahc is actually my favorite band. fear factory has some great bass

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 199
Fear Factory sounds great. I love the "Here In My Car" remake they did. I love metal, but I enamored with the Headbangers Ball CD right now, just great stuff.

Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 5
Did you know that most "real" instruments do not play below 60 hz and/or above 8kHz.

This is taking in consideration on average recording, and natural sounds. No electronic synthesizers or extreme notes from a pipe organ or cymbals.

Why is it that every speaker builder then trys to build the most dynamic speaker out there?

I am not even going to ask about the ones that build four 15" woofers that are pushed by 1500 watts and two cranky 100 watt mids and highs.

Ha Ha Ha.

Aren't speakers supposed to replay what was originally recorded as close to the original as possible.

Bronze Member
Username: E_will87

Chicago, Il Usa

Post Number: 11
For some crazy lows check out some swisha house and paul wall screwed and chopped mixtapes, paul wall's "how to be a playa" is full of insane lows, check that sh*t out.
peace
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us