Bass blockers. ??

Bronze Member
Username: Nme

Post Number: 20
Right now my car has 3.5 kicker 2 ways up front and 6x9 3 ways in the back. I also have a kicker solobaric 12 in a vented box. I dont like the fact that i cant turn my speakers up too loud without getting nasty distored bass from them. Im wondering if i should get bass blockers and if so what kind? The only thing im worried about is not having any mid bass. But is seems like my 6x9s are trying to play things they shouldnt. I also noticed that on my headunit pioneer deh 7600 the subwoofer controls are for the most part seperate from the others. Can i tune out the bass that way?

Im looking for a good fix until i can afford an amp, 6.5s and new kick panels in my car
Any help is appreciated Thanks

Mark

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2799
yeah use bass blockers.
100Hz for the 6x9", and 250Hz for the 3.5"
that should work well

best bet too is to lose the 3.5" and go with 6.5" separates in the doors
then high-pass them at 100Hz too

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
I plan on it as soon as i get enough money for an amp to push them. The q logic kick panels and the speakers themselves

Which will be a while seeing as i just bought an alarm last night for 450$ :| Thanks a million glasswolf

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
also what ohm? and i see 150 and 300 ones http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdGroup.asp?s=0&cc=01&g=761

there but not 100 and 250

Anonymous

Your speakers are 4 ohm, so match what you want with a bass blocker that is rated for that value at 4 ohms, you're stuck with 150 and 300, which will work, but you need to adjust your sub crossover to compensate what you don't have on the other speakers. Simply put part #s PAC BB-150A2 and PAC BB-300A2. Another alternative is to look at other brands of bass blockers, Rockford Fosgate has some, and there are others that have different frequency ratings.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 2817
yeah, 150Hz would work fine. I doubt those have a steep Q anyway so the roll off will cover any gaps.

fmod, pac, and quite a few others have similar products, too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us