Component systems... which one?

Silver Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 104
im looking for a componet set, i dont have subs yet, and i can only spend 150 for the pair. i have constructed a list in order of my preference...

1-infinity 6000CS
2-alpine SPR-176A's
3-MB Quart DSE-216 6.5
4-JL Audio TR650-CSI
4-Kicker K65.2 6-3/4

i like the infinitys the most because ive heard the best about them, and i havent heard anything about others. the alpines, because they supposedly have good bass for components. i kno mb quarts are a good generally speaking, and i have no idea about the last two. of course, im lookin for sq. which one is the best?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3649
You can find Infinity Kappa components online for that amount. I'd put those above everything on your list. You could also look into CDT Classics.

Silver Member

Post Number: 106
kappas are 180, thats too much, esp since im installing it myself and i need to but speaker wires and mounting brackets. btw, do you kno any mounting brackets i could use to fit these 6.5s into my 6x8? how are the CDT's rated agaist the infinitys or the other brands i chose? i like their price.

Silver Member

Post Number: 107
kappas are 180, thats too much, esp since im installing it myself and i need to but speaker wires and mounting brackets. btw, do you kno any mounting brackets i could use to fit these 6.5s into my 6x8? how are the CDT's rated agaist the infinitys or the other brands i chose? i like their price.

Silver Member

Post Number: 108
http://www.thezeb.com/p-Metra-82-5600-Universal-Speaker-Adapter-Bracket-106845.h tm

will this work to get the 6.5 in my 6x8?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 270
you can use something like that, or a simple piece of MDF with the hole cut out can work too.

Bronze Member
Username: Jbailey

Indianapolis, Indiana

Post Number: 28
Hey tips, check ebay for the Kappa's. You may even be able to find the Perfect's for around $150.

Silver Member

Post Number: 111
the kappas are 165 with shipping ebay. the refs are 118 with shipping. is it worth the extra 50? i dont kno if i can afford to buy them, and i kno that if i do, i def wont be able to add rear door panel speakers like i was going to do with the refs. what about the CDT? those are 150 with shipping. i think i can get those if you think the CDTS would be much better then the refs.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3651
http://www.ikesound.com
Kappas are $158 there last time I saw. The Kappas are much better than the References and well worth the extra cash. CDTs are very good for the money too, better than the References IMO.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 245
Rule of thumb. You get what you PAY for. If you spend a little extra, you get a little extra, ya dig?

Silver Member

Post Number: 115
ike sound has the kappas, for 158, but plus the 18 dollars for shipping, its 176. thats almost 60 dollars more than the refs with shipping. anybody got an extra 60 bucks they'd lend me? lol.
i kno you get what you pay for, but it also depends on the brand right? what if i said i was gonna but some sony xplode D130SI components for 130 instead of the refs for 120? would i still be getting more for my money?
i think i may get the CDT's but im gonna need a little more of an influnce to choose them over the refs because of all the positive comments on the refs i hear. however, if i could pull some money together, would you suggest the kappas over the CDTs?

Bronze Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 88
the price difference between the 6000cs and the kappas is sooooo worth it. don't make the mistake I did..trust me. do it right the first time. and that goes with any component system, amp and subs. do it right the first time, if your budget allows for it.

goon

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
aite, ill have some patience and save a lil extra for the kappas. that way ill save more money in the long run that would potentially be wasted on upgrading. thanks guys. oh but wait, CDT's or kappas? that question is still unanswered...

Silver Member
Username: Bobo123

Post Number: 106
hey tips, scroll down and look for the post that is named CDT61/ KAPPA/ KAPPA PERFECT. I asked the same question abouth the cdt or kappa. Jonathan gives a pretty decent description of the differences in sound. It helped me make my choice. Good luck.

Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 3
which make a bigger difference in sq? upgrading front 4x6 or 6x9 speakers. which brand of speakers do you reccommend?

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
hey db-bass, id appreciate it if you stopped posting your questions in mine, try starting a new thread, you'll get a lot more responses like that.
anyways, your question, do you mean front 4x6 speakers or REAR 6x9 speakers? if thats what you mean, itd be much better to upgrade your front speakers rather than your rear, espically if you're looking for sq. some people think rears mess up the whole image of the music. if you REALLY want to get into sq, try to fit circles into your ovals using adapters because ive heard that ovals are not necessarily good at producing sq. there a lot of good brands, whats your price limit on speakers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us