Need new components

Bronze Member
Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 16
Hey, I have a set of MB Quart 4" Premium components for my dash and a set of MB 6x9 discus coaxials in the rear of my 1988 GMC Jimmy s15. The 6x9s made me mad and i am gonna sell them and buy new. I want my speakers to be all one brand and was thinking about buying a set of MB reference 6x9 components. I want 6x9s because that is what came stock but i also need a way to get them to fit into the stock holes becaus my current 6x9s are to deep for the stock hole so I know if I upgrade to better speakers they will be deeper. Would I be better off to sell all of my MBs and buy Focal or buy the Reference components? I also could use some suggestions on how to get my 6x9s to fit into the stock holes. thanks for the help.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 107
Have you though about scrapping the rear speakers, and getting a small sub instead?

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 429
yeah, a single sub would sound much better. or you could get an adapter plate and some 6.5" round midrange speakers with some simple low-pass filters. do you have an amp?

Bronze Member

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 17
I was thinkin after I posted that that I could get some adaptor plates even if they didn't fit in the stock locations I couls crew the adaptor plate onto the boxes for my 6x9s now and put a set of MB Premium 6.5" components. I don't have an amp running to them. I don't want to get a small sub because I want midrange speakers not just Highs and lows. I get enough bass from my RE X.X.X. What could I do to get the speakers to fit where my stock 6x9s went? The hole isn't deep enough for them to fit.

Bronze Member

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 18
Or would I better off to go tith a smaller speaker like a set of 5 1/4" components since I want some highs in the rear?

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 432
why do you want highs in the rear? read this. it's written by glasswolf, he's pretty much a legend around here. him, jonathan, and a couple others on here are on a level of knowledge and experience far beyond the rest of us.

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 433
if you want rear speakers, RE has some 6.5" x.x.x. midrange drivers now. bandpass filtered, those should blend nicely with your sub.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 147
You made no mention or an RE X.X.X. in your first post, if you had, I wouldn't have suggested a small sub. But yeah, I still wouldn't put speakers in the back.

Bronze Member

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 19
I already have a X.X.X. I want to upgrade to a MT or maybe something else, I'm not too sure what yet when I get the money and I wnat to upgrade my speakers so I didn't buy a new sub and it drown out my highs. I want to only hear highs out of my speakers, very little bass since I will have a sub to give me all the lows I need. What would be better for really clear highs a 6.5" or 5.25" component system?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us