Taking power from stock amp ?

Username: Hot_sauce

Post Number: 1
1st post !

I currently have a 2004 GTO :-), I want to hook up my 2 Almpine 12" type E's w/ my Alpine V12 amp, BUT i dont wanna have to get a new HU because my stock one doesnt have out/input plugs. And my Alpine amp doesnt allow me to tap into current speaker wires, it HAS to be throw the cables. But is it possible to splice into my stock amp thats powering the stock 8' subs and run those wires to my alpine amp and then to the 12's ?

probably not, but worth asking I guess.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 103
You;re going to want to get a Line Out Convertor(LOC),It takes low signals from each of the rear speakers and turns it into an RCA jack.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 104
BTW, how do you like the GTO? I think they look and perform much better than the Mustangs.

Post Number: 2
Thanks for the help, Yeah to say i love it would be an understatement, the car performs so well, especially with the independant rear suspension, its got everything a corvette has under the body, but with a pontiac body. Books rate them at 13.6/13.8 1/4time, but people turn 13.1 all day STOCK. There already gettin a reputation of being the new Mustang killer !

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 161
Sweet, I am so sick of the Mustangs. It's been a while since GM put out a decent Corvette underling. The last I can think of is the Grand National.. those are sick./

Post Number: 3
Yeah, the most feared 6cyl., Grand National guys and GTO guys argue all day over forums over whose better stock.

Silver Member

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 188
The GTO is beautiful.. but I would have to take a Grand National, m,y buddy had one a whle back.. that thing made me crap my pants. It was scary fast!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us