Ok guys...help me out on this one

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 521
I'm doing ~145dB w/ my sx15 right now on a borrowed jbl bp1200.1. My bp1200.1 fried a while back and it is in the shop for repairs. I love my lil bp1200.1 but it puts me in the 301-900w USACi class so i'm selling it as soon as i get it back. I want to get into the 0-300w classes.

I had planned on getting an hcca 275g4 but i'm gonna need something that will be more efficient. Also, a guy was gonna sell me a American Bass cx1200d but he sold it before I could get him the money.

Now I am looking are either an American Bass cx1500d or a kicker kx1200.1. I can get the cx1500d for ~$190 shipped and the kx1200.1 would be $300+. I'm between a rock and a hard place on this one. What would yall do? I'm gonna be running the amp daily as well as for the occasional comp. Or do yall have any other amps up for suggestion?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2165
Hey Marshall why do you need something more efficient then the orion? it will put you in the 150 watt class but give you about 1500 watts at 1ohm. You cant get those ratings from any class D amp.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 156
Yeah, I would stick with the Orion..

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 524
I would still like to get that 275g4. How many amps of current will one of those g4's gonna pull when they are wide open?

Plus the orion is kinda hard to find. I'm leaning toward the cx1500d...quit a few dB drag and USACi guys run american bass amps and they had nothing but good things to say about them.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2167
it will prob pull about 100- 120 amps at full draw. yes it is hard to find but there have been a few on Ebay lately. I have heard of many competitors using AB amps with great success also. Being class A/B it does pull a lot of power but it is a very good amp. Have you looked in to the older Orion amps the SX model and XTR? they are also fantastic amps.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2235
Marshall, 275G4 will give American Bass cx1200d run for their money. I'd be surprised if 275G4 didn't produce higher SPL than cx1200D. Unlike most amps, G4 is way underrated. So if it says 200w rms, you'll get almost 2x that once it sees 14.4v. I can't think of another amp that comes close to G4.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us