Cd error message

wishful thinker
Unregistered guest
I have a 97 ford ranger w/the factory cd player. Whenever I put the cd in it says track 1 like its going to play then will say cd-er,then 0001. Would anyone happen to know what that means and what I can do to fix it?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 207
that number has a meaning and should be in the manual, its prob somehting like the disk is scratched or dirty, or the lens is dirty, your giving it a CD-R or CD-RW when it can only read one or neither of thoes....

if you eject the disk, then reinsert it, will it read it fine the second time?? mine does that sometime on burned mp3 disks

wishful thinker
Unregistered guest
It does it w/reg cds too. It wont work at all anymore. It did it once before and then just started workin again but now its been messed up for quiet a while and wont work. In the manual it said that it was a mechanism error, but I honestly have no idea what that means cuz I dont know anything about this stuff. So if anyone knows help me out?

wishful thinker
Unregistered guest
It does it w/reg cds too. It wont work at all anymore. It did it once before and then just started workin again but now its been messed up for quiet a while and wont work. In the manual it said that it was a mechanism error, but I honestly have no idea what that means cuz I dont know anything about this stuff. So if anyone knows help me out?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 216
mechanism means the player itself, you might have to replace it but maby someone else on here will have an idea for you

JKW
Unregistered guest
The error codes on any cd player are so generic. It might say in the owners manual that the code means disc in upside down when you know it is not. First thing to do is to try cleaning it. You should be cleaning it on average every two to three weeks. If that doesn't remedy the problem, the optical pickup is probably contaminated and may need replacing.

JKW
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us