Sub box help

Bronze Member
Username: Doug_w

Post Number: 12
I was wondering if any of you pros out there could build me a custom box for 2 12" Image Dynamic IDQ subs. I would have no clue where to start so I'm gonna get it professionally built but they're so expensive. So I was wondering if anyone could do it for me for a decent price? respond to this thread or email me at Dweems01@charter.net

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
I can get a sub box from big dog car audio that will cost me about $52 shipped but that has .88 cubic feet per chamber but on the Image Dynamic website it says that the recomended sealed box volume is .65 - 1.00 cu.ft and halfway (which I figured is what would be optimum) would be .82 cu.ft. Now if I get a coustom box its gonna cost me at least $150 or I can get the $52 box from big dog. Would that be alright or should I spend the extra money on a custom box. Would I really here the difference between .82 cu.ft and .88 cu.ft box? I've spent most of my money on subs amps and components so I would like to get the box for as cheap as possible unless it is really worth the extra $100+.

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 92
I might be wrong. For a sealed box I don't think there will be much difference between .82 cu.ft and .88 cu.ft box. The custom box will be built better in most cases. But I would not do all that for .06 cu.ft. They will sound good it that if everything else is set right but not low and loud like a ported box would be.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Yeah but I am all about SQ. I don't really care how loud it is

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
So what would you do? would you just go with the .88 cu.ft box for $52 vs. the .82 cu.ft custom box for $150+? Also is it true that slanted boxes are better than square boxes? i read that on a post here one time

Username: J_dog

Post Number: 1
Ok can u help me with my box option i have 2 12" rockford fosgate hx2 dual voice coil i origanlly bought a flea market box and i had put it in my car and it sound pretty good but my cousin told me if i had a box built with better wood it would sound alot better

Username: Nobletatom

Batavia, Illinois USA

Post Number: 9
Well if you have AOL instant messanger, talk to me, Nobletatom is my sn, i could draw up some plans for you if your good at building or i could even build you a custom box for a price.

Username: Sevin7

Post Number: 5
i have to RF P310D2's. They reccomend 1 cubic foot for ported box, http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/ez2rockford/ModelInfo/ModelInfo.asp?Item Key=10063579&CategoryDesc=Punch%20Subwoofers, if i put them in a box that is 2 cubic feet per sub would it sound louder? or just mest up?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2688
you need 2 seperate chambers for each sub 1.0 cubic feet per sub AFTER displacement
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us