Is Kicker any good?

Anonymous

Ive heard all you guys talkin about DD, jeez lol i cant remember all the other different brands that you guys mention. But i never really see Kicker. Is kicker any good? Ive heard there stuff and it sounds awesome.. i like the L7's.

Im looking at getting some new stuff, im gonna spend about 5grand or so. I want SQL not that hardcore pound pound nerve racking BS. i want nice tight bass, plenty of it, and be able to actually hear some vocals lol. I do not want ported as yes i know that will boom the hell out of my car. i have a mazda rx-7 to play with.. 93, so i have the whole back to install the stuff. any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 108
kicker is ok, there is alot better. kicker doesent have very good sq. check out re tripple x, jl, adire, eclipse for subs, for componets look at focal, mb quarts, and boston accoustics

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 926
Ya, kicker is mid grade brand. They sound like crap though... they will get loud though!
Go with Jl, Eclipse, RE, Adire.
For component's Infinity makes some pretty good stuff.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1900
look Adire,Eclipse,RE,Ascendant audio,JL,DD,ID for subs, and for comps try Focal,Boston,Dyn audio,Infinity,Mb quart,A/d/s/,RE if you have 5g's I would recomend a very nice set possably the boston z's or the dyn audio 360's they are both very nice.

Bronze Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 52
hard to beat jlw6v2 for nice tight bass and can still pound if u want it to :-)

Anonymous

Ok thanks guys lol, i must be outa the loop, i havent even heard of the DD or ID or even Adire Subs. Or Boston Z's, lol or even the a/d/s/ ones.. i always thought kicker was great at all the competitions.. Yeah i actually calculated the stup i was gonna get, which all included kicker but now im not so sure anymore and it came out to 5grand.. So if i can get WAY better, id greatly like some Links, and some advice! I just want reall nice sound quality and big tight clean bass. Thanks!

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 930
What is this setup going in? How minny sub's, and what size do you want? Do you already have a head unit? Do you already have component's?

Silver Member
Username: Aaaavv

Post Number: 116
kicker was once good but has really gone down hill, what youre paying for now is the name. the same applys to rockford fosgate which has also gone down hill. alot of these companys are newer, theres alot of good stuff. dd stands for digital designs. they are are real good for spl. if you want sql go with idmax, jl, re tripple x which can found at reaudio.com, and diamond audio. also check out adire bramah.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 896
ok you guys went from 80 doller subs to 200-900 doller subs

Anonymous

i want 2-4 subs. i want 2 sets of components, and 2 sets of tweeters. I recently bought a supra from texas, and want to throw some stuff in. but like i said i want SQL. it doesnt matter how much the stuff costs.. i want around 10-12 12 being the largest.. even 10 is pushin it. i was thinkin maybe well i dont know the sizes of the compenents, but the kickers i was lookin at were the 6.8 models i think. head unit yes, i have a alpine touch screen. anymore suggestions.. can u guys give some links to the products ur talkin about?

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 903
you can buy my 2 12 inch Rf p3's for 300 shipped if your interseted...great sql

Anonymous

I have no idea what those are.. lol ill see untill i get other advice from what others have to say on this thread. I have a flaw, and bad experiences from buyin stuff from people..

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 904
oh..thats no prob with me though lol...but its a rockford fosgate stage 3 12 inches...you can check them out certain places..bad a$$ cheap subs

Anonymous

Rf is rockford fosgate ok thanks lol. gotta figure out these abrieviations haha. ill go look on the net to see what i find.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 905
haha thats cool...just to let you know...they arent ever used...except you know to turn them on and make sure they work...but not a single dent...dvc 4 ohm

Anonymous

Ive never really been a fan of rockford.. couple of buddies have had them, and i dunno, im just not a fan.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 907
i dont blame ya lol...but i wasnt either until i get these...they are pretty dam nice

Anonymous

lol now im intrigued. ill have to listen to them again.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 909
lol you should...give it a consider...i bought a ton of stuff and its just sitting in my room...my mom is making me get rid of it all, supposedly im a "audiophile" or somen...fheck out my pro lol..everyhting cept the Ti is for sale lol

Anonymous

as for the rx-7 i posted earlier i decided not to go with that. im giving it to my friend to do all his magic with. so im sticking with the supra. or do you think i should swap and do the rx-7 or stick with the supra? any input?

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 911
its all taste my friend lol..the rx 7's are my favorite foreign cars..so i would suggest that..but its all what you prefer dude, and if you mena...which one to decide what to do with...get the one with the bigger trunk lol

Anonymous

haha in that case ill stick with the supra.. yes the rx-7's are my favorite as well. my buddy is going to do his "magic" has he calls it and put jl's in the rx-7.. he can do whatever, i just want what i posted etc in the supra.

Anonymous

haha in that case ill stick with the supra.. yes the rx-7's are my favorite as well. my buddy is going to do his "magic" has he calls it and put jl's in the rx-7.. he can do whatever, i just want what i posted etc in the supra.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 913
yea lol...but ALOT of peopl love jl's and def have the right to but when you talk to me lol...i hate them because i am building my system to compete against them lol...great subs though, cant afford them though lol, but you should subscribe here dude

Anonymous

ah, my theory of JL's is that they are everywhere, to me they became so overrated.. great subs i hear but still just it seems they are just so overrated. cool man, id like to see some pics of what ur doin. haha yuea ill subscribe here soon.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 916
im trying to get some pics but i wont be finished for 2 months..gotta wait for the new alt as well, but yea i live in Ky, i know like 2 people with JL but with them you are paying 200 bucks for the name alone. i agree overrated as well, not many people will agree with that lol...yea but i wanna see your setup when your done too lol...

Anonymous

cool man, ill get pics etc when im done.. My buddy and i are starting a install shop, im gonna own 50% and run the thing, hes gonna do the installs etc, cuz car audio is his field.. im in it for the design, and to run the thing. but with the JL's i know people will rant with me but seriously, they are just so overrated. keep me posted dude on ur setup.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 919
i will dude...make sure to tell me when you apply here, but yea..im only 17 right now, and i have a pretty firm grasp on stuff and by time im 25 im going to have a car audio/mechanics/autobody 100% owned and ran by me...with employees of course lol. i cant wait...well..thats my goal...i hae everything planned out perfectly

Anonymous

sounds great, sounds just like i was/am. keep at it. ill let u know when i sign up, we can also talk business about this..

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 924
yea dude lol

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 946
I have the same feelings on Jl. I love them, they kick a$$, but way overpriced.
You could go with 2 12 inch RE x.x.x, with 2 JBl 1200.1 to each, for component's, check out MB Quarts and Infinity.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 947
For the RE sub's, check out www.reaudio.com that's the only place.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 949
For the RE sub's, check out www.reaudio.com that's the only place.

Anonymous

ok, so ill be lookin at MBquart for the components. maybe ill even look at JL's. ill def check out the RE subs.

Anonymous

I just looked at RE audio.. Shouldnt i go with RE components? What series of Subs do i get from them?

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 951
I would recomand the x.x.x I don't know anything about there component's. You will have to ask Glass or someone who would know more about them.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 948
for sq and spl go with there x.x.x if your intersted in getting some INSANE spl go with MT,
i havent heard any of there lower stuff

Anonymous

Ok, after long research i have narrowed my selection to JL, and RE. What do you guys think i should go for? Im really confused on the Amp issue. Could you tell me what all the 500/1 blah blah blah means? Thanks guys! if I were to go with JL i was looking at the 10" W7. i would get 2 of them. If their components are superb i will decide on them too. if not ill look at the MB, and Infinity. If i were to go with the 10" W7, what amps would i need? thanks guys!

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 949
why are you leaving out eclipse and other companies

Anonymous

i dont know? because its too much to decide on? lol arrgghh!! frustrateing now.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 956
eclipse is going to be slightly better than jl, on sound,and on price, also RE is great, but they want so much power lol...you can power 2 15 Ti's for 1 15 x.x.x

Anonymous

well i want 2 10" thats just a given. and components. i Want SQ i dont want SPL! so i should be looking into Eclipse now? ok from Eclipse JL or RE, what has greater SQ?

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 962
my eclipse al beat a jl w6 in sq but, that by mine and the kids ear who owned it, its an amazing sub....i have a 10 for sale if your intestred lol

Anonymous

lol, whats with you and all these sales.. actually you want my suggestion.. give me ur email and ill give you an idea and see what you think. youll make more money. well im just so baffled and confused now of what to get, im at square 1 now. AGAIN lol christ sakes lol.

Steve Mcnair
Unregistered guest
kicker is good stuff man, i'd go with them

Anonymous

oh good god lol. soo many different opinions. my brains gonna explode. I just want SQ!! i dont have the resources to demo them, so this is why i ask for your guys's input. If i did have the resources to listen to them, hell i would be there right now lol.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 972
the jl 12 w6v2 is supposed to have amazing sq, idmax, eclipse al, both have amazing sq, and ive head the jl and the eclipse and the al takes it but i havent heard idmax and i heard its awesome, for alot of spl and good sq x.x.x is amazing, eclipse ti is good w7's are good. its sll about how much you can spend,

bebuzzin11@hotmail.com

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 973
Kicker? haha I'm just going to act like I didn't even read that post.
Sub, you really think you're T has better sq than the W6? That's a pretty bold statement.
Eclipse is better on the price, and sound amasing. I also don't like JL, because everyone loves them so freaking much. Not minny people know of Eclipse around where I live, thats a nother reason I want a pare of Eclipse's.
Sub is also right about RE needing a lot of power, but if you give the x.x.x 1000 watt's rms, the Eclipse T 1000 watt's rms, they all perform fine. They all sound really close, just go with the one you like the look's of, and fit's you're price range the most. As for amp's, It just depend's on the sub you deside on.

Anonymous

hey taylor,

Ok so i have it narrowed again to Eclipse. Here too, many people do NOT know Eclipse so i wanna stand out. that will be fun. its between the W6 and the Eclipse T.. Errgg.. i like the black look of the W6.. looks killer. Would match my car too.. Will have to decide.. So these 2, good choices?

Im still confused on the components, should i match the components with the Sub brand? thanx!!

Also need help with the amps. ive slimmed the choices, can ya give me advise?

Username: Sexxybeast_5

Geelong, Victoria Australia

Post Number: 1
ey peeps i live in australia what subwoofa is beter jbl gto 1200 w or the rockford fosgate punch series 2 im so seriously confused do plz help

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 984
Go with the Fosgate, mine have worked for me just fine.

That is going to be a tough decision... both are unbelievable sub's! For the Eclipse, look at amp's like the Hifonic's 1000D or the Hifonic's BX1500D, or The JBL 1200.1 unless you can spend a little more money on an amp.
As far as an amp for the w6, not for sure what there rms rating is, I no the 10's are less, but not sure how much. If you could post the rms of the 10w6 that would be helpfull.
As far as component's, it isn't always better to go with the same brand. Some companies make one thing better than the other. They might makenice amp's, but lack in the sub department.

Anonymous

Subfanatic, i added you to msn.

Taylor,

the RMS on the 10W6 is around 700Max. 500-600 continuous. Money is no option. I dont care how much its gonna cost me. I have 5grand to blow on this stuff. So lol give me all your ideas! I think im possibly gonna go with the Eclipse. As for components, im still lost in the water. MBQuard is that better then Infinity? any suggestions? Oh and suggestions for amps for the components too.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1007
well for sq go with the eclipse AL and my t doenst have close to the sq of a w6...my al does have better, according to mine and that guys hearding, but i have some rf's for sale if you looking at them

Anonymous

Can u send me some links. ive been searching on google for like an hour and cant even find the damn home page for the eclipse stuff. can u provide links on the stuff ur talkin about.

Username: Nutshmeg

Post Number: 3
I've owned several brands of components or "seperates" over the years, from Boston Acoustics, Infinity, Kenwood and even crappy Pioneer product. I've also listened to quite a few different brands in other people's cars. Right now, I am running 2 sets (Mid+tweet) of Infinity Kappas (because they where cheap) and a set of RF 10's, in a ported enclosure, in a standard cab full size Chevy. I think the Infinity's are ok, they are bright, not quite harsh, but close.

If you're looking for sound quality I think you'd be hard pressed to find something better than Bostons. It took 3 sets of Bostons to keep up with the same sub power I'm running now, in my old truck, but the system was much clearer all the way around playing everything from hardcore punk to rap. The Infinity's sound best with rap.

There are tons of pain inducing seperates out there, it seems they are made so one set can keep up with a pair of 15's, but they're almost all just shrill noisemakers.

You have to go and listen to some systems in cars if you really want to decide on the right thing, everyone has different tastes.

The only subs I've used are Pyle, MTX and Fosgate, and of those the Fosgates have taken a beating and survived for the longest time. I wouldn't consider them "sound quality" speakers, but they can beat out dirty bass in an improper inclosure with some respectable sound.

As for amps. Check out Zapco. If you want something cheaper, check out MTX or Rockford, their stuff is made in the same place. I would steer clear of Hifonics, Lanzar, and Infinity. I've made parts for all of these companies in the past, and I can say MTX and Rockford practice decent quality control, where the last three are only about getting the cheapest ish they possibly can.

http://www.zapco.com

Anonymous

Thanx Nut Shmeg,

I dont care about pricing, as stated above. Any expensive stuff, any great things, i dont care price is no limit.. So people stop mentioning if i want cheaper lol. It does not matter to me.

I think ive decided on Eclipse subwoofers. But i dont know what series.. Which series do i get? i want 2 10" or maybe 4? lol!! maybe 4 is too much, you guys think? For components im really going to look at the boston acoustics. Nobody has them, or demo places here to hear them. So that kinda sucks. Same with the Eclipse. But im taking your guys' word for it.

I really dont want an MTX or Rockford product in my car.. to me they are like entry level stuff.. I dunno my opinion. Any other amps you suggest?

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 222
for amps look into kicker's kw series for the subwoofers.

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 223
kx series.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1015
anon,....look into the al's, if you can find the 88100 series...just an awesome sub...mine is for sale if your interested but its going to be ahrd to find 3 more.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1016
eclipses website is www.eclipse-web.com

Post Number: 4
so i should stay with rockford fosgate kewl what amp should i run a punch series 2 with wat amp would is use?

Post Number: 5
2 of them

Post Number: 6
2 subwoofers on one amp watt amp would i use

Silver Member

Nc Usa

Post Number: 240
i believe those are single 4 ohm. In that case maybe a kicker kx400.1, 200rms to each sub. Or a jbl bp300.1, 150 to each sub.

Post Number: 8
what is better rockford fosgate punch 2 500 w or jbl gti 1200 w is watig neseserly better

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1027
Is that Jbl peak rating's?
If money is no problem, you should check out the T it's like the 9104 series or something like that. Eclipse also make's really good amp's. Sence you might go with Eclipse sub's, it would be pretty cool to have matching amp's.
I also have the Infinity Kappa's, they are really loud, and bright. That's the only thing I can really say about them. MB Quart isn't nesacerly better, it just depend's on what you prefer. Some people like the really bright sound.
The Eclipse T is there best sq/spl sub. the only better sub they make is the T Pro, but I don't thing it will have the sq as the T will.
The Alum's Sub keep's talking about are also really great sq sub's, I just think sence you have the money, the T's will be louder with out losing the sq.

Anonymous

DONT WAST YOUR TIME ON PUNCHES jeez, spend the extra little money and go to the power series, its alot better, thats if you go ith RF!!!

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1030
Yep.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1034
trav, if your set on the p2's just get the p3's, ill sell you mind for 250 plus shipping, ill have pics ofthem later

Anonymous

hey taylor,

Ok im set on getting the Eclipse. You guys keep saying Eclipse T. Is that Eclipse Titanium series? Also im going to match the Eclipse subs with the Amps. So what Eclipse amps should i get? I Dont really like big brightness of sound, but i really dont think its over the top..right? (the infinity's) I think ill just go with the Infinity's. Im going to go extreme, ive made up my mind, im going to get 4 10" subs. How many sets of components should i get? im thinking 2? If you guys could gimme the amps i will need to run all this that would be awesome! I was thinking to, what head unit do i get? Im debating between the pioneer flip up touch screen, or the Alpine flip up touch screen. Which ones you guys think?

I dont want to make the sub box out of MDF because i want it to shine in the back. Would i use fiberglass? or what material would i use?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1039
they dont make a good eclipse amp to go wiht the eclipse T's, and yes the t mean titaniums, you should get 2 double shot ss boxes, they look nice and i would suggest not getting eclipse amps, noone of them match up to great.

Anonymous

sub,

Lol now im consued again. taylor said eclipse makes really good amps, and ur saying they dont? oh boy. lol. what would you recomend i get? Could u give me a site where i can see this double shot ss box?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1041
www.powered4sound.com no no no...they make unbelievable amps...but none of them rea,lly match up with there own line

Post Number: 10
ok is that one punch p3 or is dat 2 cos i can get one branew for round dat price and can i get eclipse in australia and were from

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
i like realy loud bass thats in the middle of tight and boomy preaty much i want people to here it

Phil E. Blunt
Unregistered guest
the L7's are awesome subwoofers no matter what anyone says. they are loud, sound halfway descent, and they arent that expensive compared to the numbers you will produce. i hear alot of negatives about the L7's but never have i seen someone not pleased with them.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1038
The l7's aren't bad, just don't have the sq that most people are looking for.

As far as the Head Unit's, I have no clue, they are both great companies, Alpine and Pioneer. Personally I'm using a Pioneer so that's what I would go with. Just go with the one you like the most.
Eclipse make's great amp's, Sub is saying that they don't make an amp that will match the T's that great. You are going to go with 4 10 T's? That will be crazy loud! I'll take a look and see what Eclipse amp's I can find to match 4 10's.
The Snale Shell boxes are supposed to be unbelievable.... never used one though, but I hear good thing's.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1041
I was looking at www.wooferetc.com or what ever, and they have a Eclipse DA7122 class D amp. The bad thing is it didn't give me any real spec's. It say's that it is a 2000 watt mono amp at a 2 ohm load. It didn't say if that is rms numbers or peak.
If someone could check out that amp I would apreatiate it.
I was thinking, if that is rms numbers with a 2 ohm load, you could buy 2 of the DA7122 amp's, and wire 2 of the sub's to each amp, giving the amp the 2 ohm load, and each sub will be getting 1000 watt's.
The only other amp I found was a 4000 watt 2 ch amp.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1046
trav, its 250 for 2 p3's, and ill sell them for 250 plus shipping, if thats what your asking.

Phil, the l7's are great subs for the price no doubt but most people want some sq with there subs and l7's are not where its at, not bashing them at all, hit real hard.

and Taylor, im at school so i couldnt use eclipses site, its www.eclipse-web.com and i believe its 2000 rms, not sure...but on the site i remember them saying there amps are pretty much built to give unlimited power, idk lol. but 1000 watts would prolly be too much for a 10 inch eclipse TI, have to watch the setting

Bronze Member
Username: T1kim

Post Number: 12
how are the eclipse sw9122.. which is the 12s, but also, how are the 10s for that same model? sq? spl?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1052
im pretty sure thats the Ti line, and all of them are supposed to be great spl and good sq lol, but my say would be go with the 12 unless your pressed for space, not a huge price difference and a bigger area of air moved, no biggie i would think

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1048
Yep, I would go with 12's if I wher you. The are great sq/spl sub's. Can't do much better.
Sub, I can't figure out Eclipse's site to check out that amp! 1000 watt's is getting close to there max, just turn the setting's in the HU down a little and you should be fine. I'll keep looking for a better match though.

Anonymous

taylor

Thanks for all your input, yes ive made up my mind and am going to get 4 Eclipse T 10's. And im going to go with Infinity kappa components, 1 or 2 sets? im thinking 2.. As far as the head unit, nah im not gonna go with pioneer, its between Alpine, and the Eclipse one. this ones hard lol. They both have what i want! But i really like the eclipse with the anti smudge-glare feature. But the Alpine has the overall package.. errg! Your suggestions? the Alpin is also $2400 0.0 lol $-D

thanks for lookin at more amps. Im seein 1000Watts also for that amp.

Thanks guys

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1056
im going to go with the eclipse HU and i would maybe go with an amp that goes to 1500 watts rms at 1 ohm and wire the subs together and get 750 to each sub giving a perfect match

Anonymous

sub,

Ok thanks for your input, is there any reason why you would choose the Eclipse HU? Ok you said the thing about the amps, can you provide with any certain brands or?

Also for the boxes, i dont want to use MDF, i want to do that fiberglass, molding stuff that looks killer. will that do anything to the sound?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1052
$2400? Did I read that right? That's a lot of money to spend on a HU! You're going to have a total kick A$$ system by the time you're through.
I'm not totally sure on the component's, 4 of the 10's will be loud for sure, 2 would prob work... they have the high pitched sound you'll need to hear over the heart stopping bass you'll have!:-)

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1053
I was trying to keep it all Eclipse, but that is going to be hard like Sub said. The MTX 1500D is a pretty good amp.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1058
i just went thru the entire website..they changed the whole site since noon today lol...very exciting haha...but lets see...i went through and alllllll the amps do not have a good match to there own subs haha...bvery odd lol...so the amps i would do is this for ya

the 4 tens would need approximtly 3000 watts RMS to run all 4 optimuly lol, and since your getting good quality subs, and it seems as if you havethe money go with 2 PPI DCX-1500.1 amps, they run 1500 watts rms at 1 ohm and you can wire 2 subs to each amp giving it a 1 ohm load and approx 750 watts rms to each sub, which is what they need.

Dont forget about gettinhg a new alt..you going to need one estimate that at like 400 bucks if you can find a 300 amp alt, a new yellow top bat maybe 2 and get a battery isolater abnd put one with the subs and amps,

with the Fiberglass instead of the MDF, its going to be alot harder to get the right scubic feet, but that will look great with the glossy look of the Ti's and it will still sound good if its well dont....be patient with it dont rush, since your diong that fiberglass i nice amp rack too lol.

finally i would suggest the eclipse HU because if your on here more you will realize im obbsessed with Eclipse, love em to death lol. and they have great products and good prices lol

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1059
oh yea...i forgot, also if you dont want the PPI amps, i highly suggest getting them...amazing stuff lol, i would suggest getting 4 jl e1800d amps, 800 watts rms at 2 ohms i think..that would run great

Anonymous

haha yes taylor u read right. $2400. Im in the same boat as you, i like to keep everything to 1 brand. Im mostly a home audio guy, i know my stuff there, i know a bit of car, but not as much as home. And Car is completely different. With the differnt things and such.

Sub, Alrighty i will check out the PPI amps, do you think those would be better overall over the 4 JL's?

Yep im going with 4 Eclipse T's, 2 sets of Infinity Components!! And either PPI Amps. I need an amp to run the components, can you suggest one for those?

I was just going to say that about the alternator. I want to get a seperate battery to run all the Audio stuff. maybe even 2 batteries. I was thinking of getting capacitators too. Whats your input?

Im going with fiberglass to get that sleek killer look. I will get it proffessionaly done since i know some guys who own a customs shop. I will also be sending pics as i get the stuff, and start getting it installed!

Ok im confinced lol, im gonna go with the Eclipse HU.

How about wires, what do i need, and what brand should i get, and gauge? Also can you tell me what ur talkin about of wiring them etc to the amps making them 4ohms, then it goes to 2ohms, etc im lost in that field! thanks!!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1094
for the wiring...get your guys at customs shops to do its...its simpel....but yea get a battery isolater and run 2 batts in the trunk lol...but the ppi amps are incredible lol...and you wont need capacitors...but its a plus if your set on it...with wiring go 00 gauge..your giogn big everywhere...dont skimp on the wire....if its dual 4 ohm sub...it can be wired in seried to get an 8 ohm load or parralel for a 2 ohm load...or 2 4ohm dvc subs can be wired to 1 ohm...or 2 dual voice coil subs that are 2 ohm can be wired to .5 ohm

Anonymous

Ok thanx sub,

Do you recommend any type of wire? Stinger or? ok 00 gauge is what ill get. lol that stuff u just said about the amps and stuff are a blur to me.

Wacko Jacko
Unregistered guest
...Stiffen that upper lip up, lil lady, I told ya, Daddy's here to hold ya, through the night...

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1097
anon, you should apply here. makes thigns easier lol....but what dont you get about the amps?..and stinger is fine

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1056
Personally, I would rather go with the JL amp's, they'll be a lot more money, but the Eclipse's are underrated, 900 watt's to each would be perfect.
Yep, there are 2 types of voice coil configuration's on sub's. The 4 ohm dvc can be wired to a 2 ohm, or 8 ohm. When you wire 2 4 ohm dvc sub's to 2 ohm's each, the total ohm load will be 4 ohm's... 2 ohm's,+2ohm's. Then there is the 2 ohm dvc, it can be wired to a 1 ohm, or a 4 ohm. With to of them you can wire each to a 1 ohm load giveing the amp a total ohm load of 2 ohm's... 1ohm+1ohm.
Hope I didn't screw you up even more.:-) You'll need a bigger alt with that much power for sure! The Eclipse HU is a good choice too.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1060
Also, he wouldn't need 4 of the E1800D's... I'll check out the spec's, but if they do put out 1800 watts rms at 2 ohm's, all he would have to do is get the 2 ohm dvc virsions... wire 2 sub's to 1 amp giveing the amp a 2 ohm load... the 1800 watt's you are looking for. Each sub will be getting 900 watt's, hope I'm reading and figuring this right! That would work wouldn't it?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1061
I checked it out at www.sonicelectronix.com I was way off, it puts out 1000 rms at 2 ohm's. Yep, you'll need for of them as well. It's $389.
What do you think of RF amp's, would you consider using one? they have a 3000 watt rms amp that would prob work! It is called the Rockford T30001BD. It is also at www.sonicelectronix.com think they want $1200 for it, thats not a bad price either.

Anonymous

Sub,

Lol why would it make it easier, if i signed up?
I dont get all the wiring things.. Like what do Ohms actually mean? And whats the difference between 1 2 4 8ohms etc.. And what improvements it makes to wire 1 or 2 subs to eatch amp.. tahts what confuses me.

Taylor

I was looking last night at the PPI's that sub suggested. They look pretty cool/good. Ehh i duno about the RF amps... I feel like thats an entry level brand. Like JBL, Polk, etc.. i like the oo look what i have lol somethin u never heard of! maybe im just an a$$ lol! :P

Ok i would consider the JL amps. I just dont want no entry level brand thats everywhere.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1139
taylor....PPI amps are some of the best amps out there IMO, lol, but jbl are great starter amps and so on and so forth...RF had some great stuff awhile ago if you can find some of there old stuff...they are in a large slump(ditch) right now lol...the RF amp that Taylor suggested is a great amp, but if your running 4 subs you would end up with a 1/2 ohm resistance i thinik...now its time ti learn you the ohms...if you dont understand this check out www.bcae1.com...its got everything youll ever need to know lol...but this is ohms

Ohms is the resistance to current. So the lower the ohm the lower the resistance. the higher the ohm, the larger the resistance...SOOO lets compare it to a dam...if its got a large resistance (higher ohm) then less water will get through(electrical current)making a less powerful force. If it has a lower ohm it has a lower resistance allowing more power.

It also goes like this EVERYTIME you half a ohm your power doubles or everytime your double your ohm your power halves, see how that works...so example time lol...

If we had the Perfect amp it could halve itself forever until it apporached 0...so lests say it starts at
8 and 100 watts RMS,
then it goest o 4 ohms giving it 200 watts rms, 2ohms=400 watts rms
1 ohm=800
1/2ohm=1600
1/4=2400

so on and so forth until we approach 0, but we never would lol..we dont have a perfect amp, so consider yourself out of luck

NOW ITS TIME FOR WIRING, most subs come in single(low end subs), double(good subs), or quad(competitions like MT's) lol...this is how i understand it!

so if its single voice coil..and you wire it by itself..it stays at that ohm, you worry about this stuff so you know how much power you need at what ohm for certain subs lol. so if its SVC(single voice coil) then it can be wired to its ohm..SVC 4ohm..it gets wired to 4 ohms..simple as that..if its DVC 4 ohm..it has two voice coils and it can get wired in parralell to 2 ohms...or in series to 8 ohms...so you can get differnt powers out of a single sub...but if you have 2 SVC 4 ohm subs, they can be wired the same way as just a DVC 4 ohm K??

BUT if you have 2 DVC they can be wired down (in parraell) to 1 ohm...thats why we were looking at 1500 watt rms amps..the ECLIPSE TI's are 750 watts rms 4 ohm DVC wire two of them to one amp and get a 1 ohm load giving each sub 750 watts rms..PERFECT and put 2 subs to each of the 2 amps...PERFECT...and im not going to go into detail with the other stuff...and register becaue its easier for me to know who anon is ahha...but JL is overrated...200 bucks for the anme basically...but KICK A$$$ STUFF

Anonymous

hey sub,

Thanks that does make sense!

One quick question.. Lol..What does RMS mean?

Lol yeah k ill register..Oh and on ur other thread about the aim.. mine is "I eat smeely soc"... yeah yeah, i didnt make it and im too lazy to make another one.

That being said, lol gimme some choices here! for amps! for the subs, AND 2 sets of infinity kappas!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1145
ill talk to you on aim..much easier lol...but RMS is like the power you should run it at constantly so you dont blow your sub..ill explain more on aim

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1146
mine is nushaganazad IM me

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1153
haha...taylor...trying to tell me he doesnt need 4 of those amps haha jk jk

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1071
Lol, ya, when I saw the 1800 name, I just figured that they wher 1800 watt amp's, that's what I get for thinking!
Rf is actually on the way back up with there new power line, intery level? Something that everyone has?
How minny people are running there T amp's? Example the T1001 T200001Bd, and the T30001Bd, they are exalent amp's. The PPI's are nice too.
I'm supprised you got what Sub was saying about the ohm's... I know what he was talking about and I didn't even understand what he was saying. j/k
lol

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1176
haha taylor...thanks..i feel the love...A$$$HOLE jk...but yea...id love get ahold of one of there real nice T amps....very nice equip, but me and this guy were talking on the net last night, and i might have swtiched him from the T's for the Al's

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1072
Really? Why, the T's almost sound just as good, and will get a lot louder.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1184
i dont think the Ti's sound close to as good...i think the al's destroy them in sq lol...but the t's still put out very impressive sq for the spl...but i told him i think he should get the Ti's but the al;s will sound better.he is thinking

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1075
Lol, I know if I had that kind of money, I would go with the T's. Can you imagine how loud 4 of the 10 T's will be? Thats crazy to even think about.:-)

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1187
i told him he wont be able to sit in his car lol...he doesnt understand why

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1076
Ya, 4 is a bit of an overkill.:-) Still I wish I had it, I love the way that much bass feel's, it's better than drug's!:-)

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1077
Ya, 4 is a bit of an overkill.:-) Still I wish I had it, I love the way that much bass feel's, it's better than drug's!:-)

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1198
i disagree...lol

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1086
Haha, maybe I whent a little far by saying that? And not to mintion, drugs would be cheaper!:-)

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1200
haha....and while doing drugs..you can make alot of money

Anonymous

Lol.

Well, well, i think im gonna stick with the Ti's. Im tired of debating between the 2. im just gonna stick to em. And if i dont like them, lol id just give em back and get the als. lol.

Yeah the RF are entry level to me. Everyone has RF amps, and subs where i live.

Yeah sub make allot of money in drugs lol, then how come you, are lookin for a job :P

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1209
haha...im saying you can..im not saying i do...too illegal for me haha....but yea...good plan sticking with the Ti's

Anonymous

Lol riight dude riiight! :P:P You guys keep sayin how loud it will be, ok so now im intrigued lol. How high do you think it would go? i dunno if it measures in db but at the competitions they are like 150 etc etc. Is that measured in DB's?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1239
yea lol...pretty much my goal is to get 150 with my single 15 inch ti, but im porting the hell out of my box...dont do tat..will sound bad lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
what would sound better 2 infinity caper perfects or 2 rf punch p3's

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1087
The Rf's will be louder.
With 4 T's powered right, I would say 150 is possable.

Anonymous

ok well now im intrigued in competitions lol.. Is there a way you could design a box that you can take inserts out or something to make it an SQ setup, and then take somethings out and it become an SPL setup? is that possible?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1117
I believe that you can get a ported box with like plug's that go in the port's to make the box sealed... don't know what it is called or where you could find this. I'm not to familliar with boxes.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1264
anon...talk to sean...send him 20 bucks and all the stuff he needs to know and hell make blueprints for you to make an interchangable box

Anonymous

I want it out of fiberglass not box's. is that still possible?

Ok ill look for that sean guy.. but ok lets make sure everything is right here. 4 Ti's with PPI or 4 JL amps.. Lol i need you guys to pick one.. PPI or JL and then ill talk to sean.

Also ill need some help as to waht to tune the amps and stuff to..

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1272
Get the PPI's less to worry about wires and things like that...i would HIGHLY suggest getting the PPI amps, thats my opinoin...but the Jl amps will run it slightly more powerful and look prettyy tighy

Anonymous

Ok so the PPI or JL, which is better. You said the JL would run it slightly more powerfull, is that a reall big difference you think? If so ill go with them. Also i need to know what to tune them to

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1279
the ppi will put out 750 watts rms...to each sub...little underrated though...jl would put out 800 watts rms...little underrated though....i cant help with the tuning..and i would go PPI,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
what is spl is that sound performance level and is sq sound quality

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1129
SQ, sound quality... spl, sound pressure level. how loud the sub is.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1301
what is it called when it shakes you but doenst hurt your ears, and what is it when it kills your ears but i cant really feel anything

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
oh kewl so will the th rf have more spl than infinitys infinity kappa or rf punch stage 2

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1413
wahts upwith you comparing the Rf's and the Infiniti's, but i would say the Rf p2's would take themm andthe p3's would take the perfects

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
wat amp would i need to run to p2's

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 323
whats the rms on those p2's, and whats your budget for the amp

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1462
did u guy the p2's yet, and how much are you paying, im selling some p3's pretty cheap if your interested, and i have an amp to sell too that works great with them

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1145
400 watts to each will be fine. I have 2 hx2's, and I'm using the Rockford P8002 to push them.
Yes, the Rockford's will be louder than the Infinities. The sq might not be quite as good though.
The Jl's extra power isn't enough to notice any difference. The only reall reason to get the JL amp's, is if you want to buy the name, or you just want to be able to say that you have 4 Jl E1800D amp's.:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
u told me one of those p3's in the email was blown or had a crack in it plus the shiping and stuff would cost more all tagether, and im bit worried bout paying someone and not getting it ive been stufed round by people doing that to many times
im not sayin u will but yeh

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
im payin a 11 hundred for to p2's in a box and an rockford fosgate amp

Bronze Member
Username: Steelheadgoof

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 13
For that price Tray, 2 12w3v2 in the jl box on a 500/1 would have a greater spl, and much better sq.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Uploadthis is the sub box im getting and the to subs in it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
this is the stats on them each, and is it the more power the more powerfull or wat any way heres the stats
12" Punch Stage 2, 4 ohm SVC subwoofer with parabolic Injection molded Polypropylene cone, 2" aluminum voice coil former, insulated 16 awg tinsel leads, linear spider, 2" excursion, 60 oz motor structure, removable motor cover, 8 awg compression terminals, optimized for small sealed enclosures, 200 watts RMS/400 watts peak. Mounting depth 6.1"

Bronze Member
Username: Steelheadgoof

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 14
I have those on my showroom floor, i am telling you the w3v2 eat2 the p2 alive. I think the jls in the prowedge look better anyway.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1158
Never mind, from the spec's you just posted, they don't look that good. I don't know how much that is in American dollar's, but they aren't that great. If they are close to the same price, the w3's will out do them.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1478
no both of thosesubs are in PERFECT condition trav

Jarryd
Unregistered guest
I think kicker subs are brilliant-they able to throw out 10000 watts of power plus not very expensive- i just need to find a enclosure for my 18'' kicker Solo X???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
what brand are the w3v2 are they Jl's

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
ye aiv lost all respect for kicker after they sold out to circut city

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1486
yea i cant believe that i went in and i was like just toying with the guys in there, cause there dumbf*cks, and i said i need 2 2000 watt rms amps at 1 ohm and they were sitting there reccomending my there bazooka amps that are rated at like 50 watts ll

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 343
yeh trav they are jl's

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 132
Yes trav the W3v2 is made by JL.

Subfan, I know exactly what you mean. I go into these stores like Best Buy and Circuit City and mess around with these guys to see what they know. Some of them know what their talking about but most are idiots. They try to sell you a sub and they are like "Ya man this Sony Xplod handles 1000 watts peak, It will definitely hit in your car." -Yea right. One time I had to correct an installer there because he told a guy that his subs were SVC 4-ohms and they were wired in series for a 2-ohm load. I was like "Are u Stupid they would be in parallel for a 2-ohm load" He just stood there for a while acting like he was doing calculations and then he goes"Yea your right" Lol those guys sometimes.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1489
yea dude, its fun that way lol, i cant stand it in there, lol i wish they knew they could hire me but its that d*mn online report, i just want an interview i could easily run there whole car audio section they have no clue what they are doing, when im waiting for my girl to get off work i just go in there and "try" to have conversations with them its soo retarded, they could have such better employees, i guess i just go in at the wrong times when nooone smart works there, i like the wiring in series story lol, oh and i would have to say sony is there best brand HAH, but in april the guy was like all hyped up about doing a show car or somen with all kicker and making it like the baddest sound system in NKY

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
how come peeps like jl so much wats so good bout em

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
and is it the more watts rms the beter the sub or wat makes a sub a good sub

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1515
basically good construction throught the sub makes it a good sub, more watts doesnt neccissarily make it better, it can, but it doesnt always. for example if you take an audiobahn sub, thats rated at 1000 watts rms i think it is and compare it to like a Ti or somen that is 750 rms, i would take the eclipse

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 136
Ya watts arent everything. You also should look at the materials used to make it, the motor strength, and the Xmax. JL W6v2 are only rated at about 400 watts RMS but they would dominate that same audiobahn that subfan is talking about

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1599
we have another winner!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
kewl thnx the only reason i am getting rf's it's cos i dnt no were to get jl's or eclipes

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1632
RE will ship to you as well if your interested, def better than RF's and will still be cheaper than JL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
what are the farad caps for are they like a big fuse or sumpton

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1772
1 farad for every 1000 watts rms, its for short bursts of bass, so it doesnt kill your alt nad bat, but not needed unless you have a good HO alt

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
well im new to the whole car audio thing so some of the terms use use i wont no. weve got a clarion 600 wtt sub 12inch will a rockford fosgate p2 12 inch be better

Anonymous

KICKER KICKS @$$,value for money...cheaper than JL and the square subs look awesome!!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1807
haha anon, your funny! lol.....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
square subs are stupid as one of the guys on this forum have said before it creates stress points on the 4 corners wich would meen your sub wont last long

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1820
yup

Username: Sqeeks80

Post Number: 5
Kicker have obviously though of that when they designed the sub,there is more surface area on a square sub than a round sub!Upload

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1844
yea thats true, but it makes them sound bad, and it gives stress points in it making the sub last about half as long as other subs, and restricting its maxumum xmax

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
I jus goty one thing to say if its not round its c_r_a_p ok

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
do u no how use say pioneer is S_h_i_t and all look at this 5000 watt subUpload
it 3 stacked magnet its got reinforced everything n all it awesome

Freddy g
Unregistered guest
i got 2 12 inch kicker L7s for really cheap from a buddy.....i know they arent the best subs out there but i didnt pay much and im short on money so i hopped on it

would a jbl 1200.1 push them subs good

Username: Rcmaniac01

Rutledge, Tennessee Usa

Post Number: 1
yeah that amp should push them subs fine if there 4ohm subs wire them to 2ohm
if u wire both subs toghter into 2 ohm to the amp that will bring the amp to pushing more power to the subs. but be careful that will make the subs kick a__

Freddy g
Unregistered guest
so should i get the 4 ohm subs or 2 ohm....to bridge it or wut

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1881
if you already have the subs then you should know they are 4 ohm or 2 ohm or not
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us