Component speaker v.s Regular

Username: Kurt_114

Laredo, Tx USA

Post Number: 3
I was wondering wether to purchase component speakers w/tweeters or just get some regular speakers for my 02' 4dr focus. I was looking into the Infinity kappa 5-1/4 for the front and rear speakers. I also wanted to know, can I purchase 2 sets of component speakers? That will give me 4 tweeters right? Open for suggestions.

p.s What are the biggest speakers I can fit on my doors.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 242
components will sound better, depending on how they are placed and they give you more options as to how to place them. you'll have to play with that till you get it how you like it. mainly the tweeters, since you can typically out the woofers in the stock locations and it sound ok.

you can put 100 component sets in your car for 200 tweeters if you want, you just have to power them, lol. if your using the HU power, i wouldn't recommend more then one set. won't give enough power to take advantage of the components.

and about your speaker sizes, not sure what size your car came with, but with a some modification, you can fit almost anything

i'm sure you'll get some replies, Jonathan will prob give you some pointers that'll either help or confuse you, lol

Silver Member
Username: Bobo123

Post Number: 104
As far as speaker size, I believe your ford came equiped with the not so amazing 6x8 in the front. That being said if you don't mind constucting a small sheet metal bracket you can fit 6 1/2 in the spot. If you decide on components I would not get them unless you can afford an amp. If you decide on coax then running them off of your head unit should be okay.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 178
I think you can buy a brack for the 6X8 to make it a 5.25 which would be much better.. round has a better sound. I would only get a single set of components, and power them with a small 2 channel amp/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us