JL AUDIO 13w7

Username: Shroom7

Post Number: 1
heh i know this is an old topic but i wanted to get some current info because hey i have noticed that this is a very active message board, and i need some advise as i am about to drop 2k on my system im looking at 1 jl 13w7 and a 1000/1 its going in the hatch of my 89 mustang gt and i want to know if there are any comparable subs out there like the pioneer5000 that has been setting spl records for a few years now i want a whole lot of spl with only a little bit of sq and yes i do know about the solos Ls and Xs ive done the whole L7 thing and those are just too delicate for my taste as i have gone through 6 of them, any and all suggestions are welcome thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1848
yea, uh the RE MT would be your best bet, get that with a few amps, lets say for arugument sake 4 hifonics brutus 1500d lol

Sub(550)
amps(800)
spend the rest on new alt and batteries notice the s and caps, be prepared to die lol

or eclipse Ti, X.x.x MTX 9500, pioneer 5000, Eclipse TI Pro(do this one) all amazing stuff, prolly forgot a bunch though

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 163
W7'a are awesome subs but there are a few subs out there that'll equal, even sound better,louder than W7's and will put some cash in your pocket. I've played around with W7's,Ti's and x.x.x."s and the main difference about them is their price,If you're more interested in spl then go with an 18" MT. I've never heard 'em myself but i hear they are crazy loud spl subs. Weather or not they're comparable with the Pioneer 5000's, I don't know. I've never heard the Pioneer 5000.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1850
yea a 10 inch MT should clean the 13w7's clock, but i would def say the Ti is louder than a w7, and i would say the x.x.x is right there with both, pretty close though, dont forget though you will save alot of money powering the Ti's rather than than the x.x.x
Ti=750 RMS
w7=1000RMS i think
x.x.x=1600RMS
MT=anything you want 2k-10k

Post Number: 2
how about atomic?? are they any decent and lol i have seen the dds how are those compared to the 13w7

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
RE MT! The King Lives On!

Post Number: 3
give me some specs and prices for the re mt. thanks

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1856
there are not specs for that sub lol, go to www.reaudio.com get the number and call them for prices, recomendations, voice coil configuerations

Shocka1641
Unregistered guest
I just bought a JL 13W7 but i am kind of regreting it because i have a single 10 inch MTX 8500 that hit 154.6 DB in the last bass comp that i went to. I am debating if the 13w7 will be louder. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 167
FU[K YEAH it will be louder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Enclosure is everything. If you your opting to buy one built go for the SS and give it a try. You wont regret it. I had a 15" mtx 9500 dual 4 ohm in an SS box and a 13W7 also in a SS box. They both slammed fu{cking loud. I sold the mtx after 2 weeks though. I just loved the way 13W7's pound.Sold that also.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 187
the 13W7 is nice, i have one in a custom made slot ported enclosure with 2 JL 500/1's to it and its nice, i hit 141dB on the term lab a couple weeks ago(1st comp btw), not bad but i know it can get louder.
a guy with 4 MTX 15" 9500's only hit 136 in an S-10, i thought that was funny, but he had to of set something up wrong

Username: Shocka1641

Southlake, Texas US

Post Number: 1
Do u think its possible to hit 160 Db with one 13 W7 in the right box. Because my 10 inch MtX 8500 hit 154.6, so i dont see why it wouldnt. If you know for sure holla back.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us