Viper 791XV Remote Start for wiring question.

Username: Jettgear

Post Number: 2
I have Viper 791xv installed on my '98 Accord (manual trans). I had it installed by a professional installer. Everything is working fine (4 doors, hood, trunk, sensor). I have a question regarding the remote start. I asked the installer if he could install the remote start feature but decline to since he said it is illegal to install it with a manual transmission cars. I wanted to install it myself since everything is already hooked up and installed and i am assuming that the harness for the remote start is already connected. What wires do i need to connect to which wires? By the way, i researched and read the manual, i know how to install the on/off switch ( 1 wire to H3/5 & the other to ground since this is for manual transmission), the brake wires (Brown H3/3(+) to wht/blk(+) above the brake pedal) and the clutch which i will disconnect and ground it in order for the brain to start the car w/o stepping on the clutch. What else do i need to connect? Am i missing something? Please help. Thanks in advance!
Sorry for double posting from the other thread.

Username: The_techmen

Hayward, Ca Alameda

Post Number: 2
you missing the real deal in here when the alarm was istalled did you requered to have all you wiring done i mean 1y2 ignition wires y acc wires y not a good ideal to bypass the clucht wire the way you want since you can do it using a relay

Username: Jettgear

Post Number: 3
As far as I know, the installer just installed everything for the 4 doors, trunk, hood and the sensor. My friend actually installed the other viper alarm in my other car which is the older one, (790xv) but unfortunately, he's in Iraq right now. What he did was bypass the clutch, he didn't use a relay.

javier garcia
can you please tell me how to do the one with the relay? I have extra relay with me. Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Unregistered guest
an easy and safe way to install remote start on a manual transmission vehicle is this:
remove the center console. with the shifter in neutral, place 2 springs across the shift gate. you have to secure each spring to the body with a self tapping screw. then drill a small pilot hole in your shift lever, followed by screwing the remote start comand wire. make sure the springs are positioned so that in any other position than neutral, the shifter will contact them. basically this will only allow you to remote start the vehicle in neutral, any other gear position will gnd the signal wire and cause no action.
let me know if you need any other info

Unregistered guest
How would doing this for a manual work, would it work for any car? or just certain cars because i am interested in installing a remote start in my 98 prelude but i dont want it to start while in gear. please let me know.
Thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 197
your best and safest bet is to get a remote start made for a manual transmission. otherwise you run a risk of the car driving off and maybe hitting a house or someone.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us