Hows this amp??

Bronze Member
Username: Shackashacka

Post Number: 29
I'm looking to upgrade from over my old profile amp, and i found this good deal...
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_990.html
its by soundstream...300watts RMS @ 2ohms
perfect for the V-Max's im using
it doesn't give a fuse rating though
i have like an 85 amp alternator in the saturn...u think i'll have a problem with that?
or i was looking at this kenwood...
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_1700.html
anyone got any good amps? or suggestions for me?
should i look at some 600watt rms @ 1 ohm D class amps?
lemme know your thoughts!

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1202
you should be ok with no more than a 60 amp total fuse rating plus they dont reach there but its the range id shoot for with that car and no issues charging

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1109
i'd got with the soundstream...kenwood amps are miserable...i had one, the thing made my lights flash with like 200 watts rms....its EXTREMLY ineffcient in producing power....

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 411
jeff's right. better amps will require less power than lower-end ones. my memphis amp (380 watts) is extremely efficient. my 4runner has a 50A alt and my lights don't dim the least bit even at full volume with the a/c on. i couldnt believe it; i thought i would definitely need a new alt with the stock one being so puny. you may want to consider this one if you are looking at soundstream and dont want to upgrade your alt. it's more expensive, but it will put less strain on your electrical system and sound much better.

Bronze Member
Username: Shackashacka

Post Number: 31
Hmm, that soundstream does look perfect for me
thanks for the link on that one
i'll have to look at my budget now
i was hoping to not have to spend more then 150 dollars
If i had two 4ohmDVC subwoofers...wat could i wire those to for a mono amp. I"m looking at maybe a hifonics amp.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3490.html
could i wire down to 1ohm??

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2109
hey John I cant help but add if those are the power ratings you are looking for then the PPI a600.2 will work very well for you. It is a very good amp and you can get them for around 200-250 on ebay. I would do that if it were me.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2110
hey John I cant help but add if those are the power ratings you are looking for then the PPI a600.2 will work very well for you. It is a very good amp and you can get them for around 200-250 on ebay. I would do that if it were me.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2110
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us