Car audio help

Username: Islander9

Daly city, Ca Usa

Post Number: 1
hey everyone, i am new to this and i was wondering if you can tell me something about aftermarket harnesses? i had my first stereo installed in my car and everything worked fine but i got one hell of a deal for an alpine 9847 and i couldnt let it go. so i was just wondering would it be soo simple to just plug and play or does the universal harness not work with the alpine deck? i know there is specific wires for the alpine deck that connects to specific devices a first for me. i know the blue remote from an amp goes to the blue wire on the stock harness but i am confused. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE????!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 82
What kind of stereo are you replacing the Alpine 9847 with? You might just be able to unplug the old harness and plug it into the new deck if it's the right shape. Assuming that it was grounded properly and all the other wires are hooked up correctly, the only additional wires you need to hook up is the remote wire for the amp plus the RCA cables(only if you are adding an amp to your system now).

Username: Islander9

Daly city, Ca Usa

Post Number: 2
well the system i have now has an aftermarket deck, sony. which is already wired to an amp for a sub. i was just wondering would i have to redo the harness for the alpine deck to work? alpine came with a harness itself and i was assuming they are all teh same, but can they be different? thanks jexxen
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us