Good SPL Sub help

Bronze Member
Username: Mfgirbaud05

Post Number: 80
ok its coming down to me picking out of these three subs...12" RE X.X.X... 15" RE SX...or 15" Eclipse Titanium....i dont care too much for SQ just SPL..which one has the best SPL?

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 174
15 SX

Bronze Member

Post Number: 81
is reaudio.com the only site to order that sub from? i tried calling them a few times already but no one ever answers the phone...and if i do get that sub how many watts should i give it? i know its rated 1000watts rms but can it handle more? would 1500 watts rms be too much because my friend has a hifonics bx1500d amp that he is going to sell me for $200.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1101
RE just moved warehouses, they should be answering phones now...why dont you just spend that little extra and get the X XX and run it with the bx1500d....that'd be a straight system...just make sure your electrical system can handle it...1500rms is a good amount of power...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
get the X.X.X 12" or the 15"? the X.X.X 12" is $369 plus shipping and the X.X.X 15" is $399 plus shipping...the 15" SX is $269 plus shipping...if i was to get either X.X.X. then i wouldnt have enough money to upgrade my alternator or buy a new battery...i have a stock alternator and am not sure how many amps it is...i got a 95 Taurus...how much of a difference in SPL would there be between the 15" SX and the 15" X.X.X.? or do you think i could hook that 15" X.X.X. up on my car with the Hifonics BX1500D amp for a month or two until i get some more money to upgrade my alternator?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 83
or if im lucky my friend might trade me his jl audio 1000/1 amp for my slim ps2 with 5 games and my ps1 with modchip and 30 games....i know that amp is only rated 1000 watts rms but its underrated...would that amp be better than a hifonics bx1500d?

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 175
yea the jl 1000/1 is a better amp then the bx1500d
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us