Amp for RE SX

Silver Member
Username: Scab12886

Post Number: 120
is the orion 600D a good amp for one 12 inch RE SX sub? it says it puts out 600w @ 1ohm, is this enough for an SX, or is more needed? if this amp wouldnt be enough power suggestions of another amp would be great. thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 478
the sub is rated at 1000rms at 1 ohm. i just ordered a SX 12 myself. itll be here tomorrow, but im getting an Orion XTR 1000 class D. unless u already have that amp and dont wanna spend money, i would try and get an amp with about 800 rms to 1000 rms for it. but i havent heard one yet lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
thanks johnny. i'll keep looking. suggestions from anyone would be much appreciated. anybody else with any input would be great, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 178
zapco ref 1100.1

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 179
wire at 4ohms and get about 800rms. that would be a very nice setup. Or get a custom dual 4ohm if they make it for the sx and run at 2ohm and get 1100rms. Thats plenty of power.. even the 800rms would be enough.

Silver Member

Post Number: 122
that looks like a great amp tragedy, but a little pricey for me. any other suggestions a little lower in price??

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
anyone else have any suggestions of which amp to use? or should i downgrade to get a 12 inch RE SE and be able to use a smaller amp? any input would be great. anyone have comparisons (good and bad) of the SX compared to the SE? i'm having a hard time deciding which sub to get. input from anyone would be awesome, thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us