Door Speaker Wiring to Amp

Silver Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 101
I I wanted to push the door speaker with an amp how would I actually wire it? Would hook the wires from the amp straight to the door speakers or can I just have the wire from the amp going straight into the wiring harness of my stereo?

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 106
If you are going to push door speaks with an amp, you need to wire them directly to the amp.

Silver Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 114
but what im asking is that, is it possible to have a wire going from the amp to the harness to amplify my door speakers. I just don't think I can hook it directly to my door speakers without the wire being shown when you open the door. How would I go about wiring directly to my doors without wire being shown?

Unregistered guest
Your door speaker already has a wire that is connected to the head unit.

So, yes there is a way to do it without wires being in direct view. It is usually hidden in the door hinge area.

Now; It is better for you to run a direct wire from your amplifier to you speaker, than to connect to the wiring harness for multiple reasons.

(1) The wire that exists is probably undersized for the power you are upgrading to, and in the future you may upgrade to more powerfull speakers and you will need that lower guage wire.

(2) If you connect to a wiring harness and the speakers have a common ground with other devices, you will end up with buzzing sounds and/or other complications.

(3) Always think about the future. It is wise to have better or extra, than not enough. If you plan on getting away with the least; You will almost definetly have the least.

Just drill a hole if you have to, and run your new wire. Use some creativity...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us