Need A good system for under 2 grand

Anonymous

im not very familiar with car stereos and i was wonderin what the best system would b for a 1987 420sel mercedes

Username: Blair182

Borden, Saskatchewan Canada

Post Number: 1
Alpine mrd-m1005 hooked up to 2 15" alpine type R's (dual 2 ohm) that will pound the sh!t outta ur car.. best bang for ur buck, trust me. An for a head unit i have an Alpine cda-9835, they are a little pricey, but ebay is a great thing these days man;) the deck with cost around 500, then amp is around 500, an the 2 subs i got for 200 a piece.. and that's all canadian!! Definately worth it. No upgrading needed.
BlaiR

Bronze Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 66
If I was you, I would get a good set of comps/ Infinty Kappa/CDT/Bostons/Focal. I would run those speakers off a two channel amp like a PPI PC/PCX. Then for the subs I would get 1 15" RE X.X.X. subwoofer and power it with a JL 1000/1. For the Head unit, any Alpine or Pioneer Premier would do well. You are going to want to head down to your local audio store and audition everything you can. Then see if they will price match with the internet for better prices. Anyways, thats what I would do.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1879
why only a 1000/1

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 273
200 a piece! lol i payed 550 .. i can blow it all i want though and il keep getting a new one regardless if its my fault or not tho hehe ... thats a smokin deal tho
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us