New MTX amps...are they good?

Username: Atomoswav

Post Number: 4
Anyone know anything about the new MTX amps? I've heard that they are not as good as the old ones. They are still listed as being "hand crafted in the USA," and their stats are still pretty good. The lighitng is ridiculous, though.

Also, I have a question on the Orion HCCA 250G4. It only has two 30 amp fuses. It pulls more than 60 amps, right?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2208
the 250g4 has 2-40amp fuses not 2-30amp fuses. So the answer is yes it pulls more then 60 amps! The old Mtx stuff is Ok and so is the new stuff I would recomend a few other brands before MTX anyways.

Post Number: 5
Wut's wrong with MTX?
Hehe, I guess the Orion amp I saw had the wrong fuses put in it.

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 213
I think mtx is good for the money but like james said i would recomend some other brands first.MTX has always been decent so i dont think the new amps would be any worse,unless they are selling out and going for looks rather than quality like audiobaghn.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2226
yeah twiz thats what I am affraid is happening to them now!
Hey Joe to get the # of amps you take the number of watts and divide by 12 so if the amp you saw had 2-30amp fuses in it, it would not be able to do the RMS power it is rated for at 1ohm mono. 800 watts will pull about 66 amps.

Post Number: 8
Yeah, that's why I was wondering about the fuses...hehe.

Post Number: 9
hey guys, is this manual wrong?
http://www.teamcsw.com/manuals/orihcca225g4_250g4_275g4.pdf
It lists the fuse value as 2x30 on page nine.
I'm confused.

Bronze Member
Username: Terps297

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 81
to find the total amperage you take the power of the amp and multiply by (1.2 for class d, and 1.4 for class a/b) and then divide by 12 this is the closest to finding the amperage without doing heavy math
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us