Australia

Post Number: 17
HERES MY SYSTEM GIMME SOME FEEDBACK ON WAT YA THINK BOUT IT

Alpine 7876RB H/U
alpine 4 ch mrv-f407 50 w x 4
DDDrive 6 1/2" front splits 50w rms
R series 6x9's 50w rms
mrd-m501 550w x 1
x2 SWS-1222d 12" dvc 300w rms (run at 2ohms)
ive got 275w into each sub

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 398
looks good. should have good SQ with room for upgrades. that HU is one of my favorites.
if you want to add some more bass down the road, just add another mrd-m501 and switch those type-s subs for some new 2005 type-r's.
are those DD Drive fronts components or coaxials? the good thing about that setup is if you ever decide to add/switch to a different set of fronts/components you can bridge the mrv-f407 to give you 100w x 2 @ 12v, and run the rears off the HU, which has plenty of power for rear-fill.
quality alpine gear.

Bronze Member
Username: Kit

Australia

Post Number: 18
yeah the new type r's are 500watt rms arent they?
the DDD's are component yeah but like i would hook it up like that but i think the treble is pretty loud so far.

i used to have the swr-1240 12" (SINGLE COIL) runnin off the mrd-M300 so it was runnin at 4ohms so i was only runnin bout 150w into it so really not the amount that i coulda been ya know AND before that i was runnin sub off the h/u before i had the m-300 so it sounds alot betta now the way i got it

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 405
yeah, great setup. those comps are rated at 50watts so it's hooked up perfectly now, but you have options in the future if you would ever like to change.

yup, 500 watts for the new type-r's. i'm sure it sounds great now. you know how car audio is though, there's always room for upgrade:-) and you've got a system that can do that.

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 21
the swr-1240 is the type r by the way if u didnt know

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 22
yeah the m501 amp runs at 12-13.2volts but thats normal right because there is 2 subs?

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 406
the number of subs does not affect the voltage supplied to your amp. your vehicle's electrical system affects that. when your car is off, the battery supplies the amp with about 12 volts. at idle, the alternator supplies a tad more. with the engine at about 2000 RPM+ the alt puts out between 13.8 and 14.4 volts.

Bronze Member

Australia

Post Number: 23
yeah like when i got the aircon turned off and the cars runnin at 2000-3000 rpm itll be runnin at higher volts but thats all normal thanks anyway
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us