RE SE or look for something else?

Silver Member
Username: Scab12886

Post Number: 115
i was looking to get a nice sub that will sound very good and still have the ability to get pretty loud. i was leaning towards the RE SE because everyone says RE makes great stuff and i thought this would be a good daily driver sub. does anyone have any opinions on this sub? good/bad? should i stay with that sub or is there something better that will run off the same 500-600 watts? price is flexible, max being around 300-400 i would say. its going in the back of a 99 grand cherokee limited. i would like to stay with a sealed box so that i keep some of my cargo space. let me know if anyone thinks i should change that setup. thanks in advance.

Bronze Member
Username: Steelheadgoof

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 29
which it more imporant to you, spl or sq

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 399
id look into the RE SX...15" $269+ shipping. good sq and spl sub and 600 watts should move it nicely.

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
thanks fox. i was hoping to stay with a 12 inch. the amp i'm hoping to use is a zapco ref500. that is able to be changed if necessary though. would that amp be good for a 12 inch SX? any further input is great.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
hehe I got 2 SE 12's for 169 each, sooner or later ill try to get just 1 X.X.X 15, but Im besy with school(18yr old in College).
there isnt anything wrong with an SE, SX just has a bigger motor.
my reason for getting SE's was the VC configuration, all they need is 1 amp that pushes 1,200wRMS @ 1ohm.
If I had 2 SX's instead I would have needed 2 amps to push them.
But i think the SX has a nice looking Cone, that has RE, SE's have the Logo and undernethit is RE.

SX dual 2ohm sub
SE dual 4ohm sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 117
thanks. yeah i noticed they were different VC configurations. if i happened to change to the SX being dual 2 ohm, what kinda power would the amp need to be putting out? and i dont want 2 subs, if i stayed with the SE, would i be happy with the performance and sound from 1 12 inch? or would the SX be a better choice? is the SX much better than the SE?

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
would an orion 600d putting 600w @ 1ohm be enough to power a 12 inch SX? or would more power be needed?

fulton06
Unregistered guest
where did you get the se's for 169?

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
anyone know if that orion amp would work for the SX sub? sorry its in the wrong section, just wanted to continue the thread. thanks in advance.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us