MDF or Plexiglass

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1792
guys, how would a plexiglass box respond, im wondering because on www.realmofexcursion.com they have a 12 inch TI in a plexigglass enclose how would these two sound

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 153
Sub plexiglass probably wont flex as much but we are talking 1" thick or more. The cost of it is not worth the benefit. Unless all you want is looks. If you just want the looks of it then just put in a plexiglass window. Dont make the whole thing out of plexiglass.

Thats like people wanting to do carbon fiber instead of fiberglass enclosures. The cost benefit ratio is really not that great.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 344
well say you can get it for free or very cheap like I can, is there advantages over MDF? Darren said that if every had it like me "everyone would have loud @ss systems" is that true for some reason?

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Silverdale, WA

Post Number: 225
The only advantage a plexiglass enclosure has is that there is no air leaks.... Its air tight... Look really nice also... Doesnt need to be that thick... Here is a good site... http://www.gatelyaudio.com/

Bronze Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 96
I thaught you had the hookup with audio equipment too. So i was like "if everyone had the hook up like you (with audio equipment), then wed all have loud @ss systems". My bad, i wasnt more specific. but thats what i meant. I dont know if i would go with an entire plexiglass box, maybe just the face with some neons or a window. Sorry dude

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 348
Oh I thaught you meant that plexiglass is louder.

Bronze Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 99
My bad man... I would recommend the wood, you can have someone sand it down and paint it, where it looks like fiberglass, or you can fiberglass it, you can carpet it, or you CAN put some plexiglass like, a window or sumthin.... you can do alot, far more than with the glass.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us