Want Subwoofer...but which one?

Username: Bebegirljen

Post Number: 1
I got offered JL audio w7 12 inch. problem is people say its too powerful for my 2 door coupe. someone else is saying they can get me PPI 12 inch sub. Can anyone recommend a sub? How much should I spend on a amp & sub? please let me know!

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 112
how much did they ask for the w7?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1181
The w7 is one of the minny, but it is one of "the best subs for sq/spl."

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1639
there is no such thing as "too powerful" in my eyes lol, but i would take that if you can afford it, but if you get that they retail at 600 and be happy if you can get it under 400 lol, that would be an awesome deal, but then you need to look into a 1000 watts rms amp

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 763
If you want "noise" then no. If you want music with good midbass transition then its ridiculous to spend a ton of money on 1000 watts of bass when running only 100 watts of mids/highs. It'll sound like crap.

I just returned a pair of 10w6v2's for that very reason even tho I picked them up for a very good price($300 each new). At 500 watts each they simply blew away my 10w3's(250w each) in SPL. They were cleaner and played lower, but were impossible to match to my 5 1/4 Q's @ 180w/side on classical and other "musical" tracks w/o turning the gains way down which basically negated any advantage they had.

It all depends on what you want out of your system.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 402
yeh fishy's right a bout that. sometimes perople have so much bass in there car you can barely hear the comps working. all you hear is bass with a little words. But what so you want all spl sql or are you shooting for straight sq

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1658
yea but see, thats what i dont get either, who runs around with the gains set all the way up and not hear themusic, you just get the most powerful thing set the gains down then when someone thinks they have a good system, own there a$$e$

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 407
lol

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1664
lol, but the best is to have a system and when your uh, being good sitting in the car with the windowns up late at night ;) with jsut a piece just to feel the subs and not hear music is just out of this world

Post Number: 2
they want $250 for 12 w7 out of the box. i want it to sound good, but not crazy...can someone recommend a 1000 watt amp for the w7?
what is sq/spl?

Post Number: 3
what do u think about ppi subs?

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 771
250 new, out of the box?!

Somebody out there has a crush on you.

:-)

-Fishy

[note] yes that sub will sound good and crazy off a decent amp like a JL 500/1 or 1000/1 and SQ = "sound quality", SPL = "sound pressure level" or just how damn loud the thing is.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

OK in less t... South Korea

Post Number: 609
250 for a 12 W7, Dude, jump all over that!!!
I am running one im my accord, with a JL 1000/1 on it, and it could easaly over power my mids and highs if I let it. If you don't need that much power get it with a JL 500/1 and you will be happy.

Bronze Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 42
Even if you don't want it, buy it and re sell to make some money off it. Thats a smoking price.

Silver Member

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 415
ye or real you can make like 300 profit of that deal.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1719
f yea, buy it for 250, esll it for 500 lol

Post Number: 4
ok will do...thanks fellas...

if he did have a crush on me he would just give me the damn sub...hehee

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1768
oh sh*t i didnt even realize you were a girl lol

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Silverdale, WA

Post Number: 221
Hehehe Neither did I

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1238
lets see some pics, and then ill give advice.....jk, but not really.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1783
im with hunter

Username: Sdk

Post Number: 1
I was wondering what system would be better two 12" W3v2 JL Audio subwoofers with a JL Audio 500/1 monoblock "Slash"-Series Amplifier. Or 2 12" SW8100 Aluminum series Eclipse subwoofers with a 1200W 1 channel Eclipse amplifier (DA7122).
I own a 1997 chevy 2500 x-cab

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1788
ECLIPSE!

Post Number: 2
How can you be so certain?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1789
cause i had the eclipse 88100 and they are AMAZING, and the only subs that would compare would be the w6v2 or w7

Post Number: 4
Will that amp be enough to power those subs to their potential

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1790
yea

Post Number: 5
I love to have the thump, but Do these subs have great sound quality,and clean bass.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1794
DUH! lol, that what the al's are designed to do, mine is amazing, best sq ive ever heard, even up against a 12w6v2 professionally installed, mine done by me lol, but that was by my ears, and his ears, his was louder, but mines sq was better, so it will def be better than the w3

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2080
yeah I am with sub on this one. Nothing against JL the w3's are good subs but not comparable to the alum's.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2082
yeah I am with sub on this one. Nothing against JL the w3's are good subs but not comparable to the alum's.

Post Number: 5
haha is it wierd for a girl to be on this forum? what guy would possibly have the name jenny anyways? u guys are crazy! anyways have u heard of a ppi sub??

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 362
good to have you here jenny.

i've heard of ppi subs, but i've never actually heard one. i know their old amps were amazing, but took a dive in quality a few years ago when the company was bought out and the manufacturing was sent overseas. i dont know if that also applies to the quality of their subs.

here's a great list of good "bang for your buck" subs, and here's a list of some plain ole' bada$$ subs.

just keep in mind that that the subs that require more power will obviously require a bigger amp, which will cost more $ and may require you to need to upgrade your car's electrical system/alternator, which can get very expensive.

Bronze Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 98
ive heard a little of em...i heards they were kinda good but there were alot better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us