Anyone know about AMP INSTALL? and SUBS?

Anonymous

I have a question, firstly let me start off my saying, i recently bought 2 brand new 1600 watts max amplifiers and 4 new 600 watts max subwoofers. the Brand is CUSPID, i never heared of it before, but for the price i thought i would give it a try. Are these CUSPID things any good? please leave me some first or second hand accounts you had with this equipment.
PS- the amplifier is a 4-channel but is 2x80wt RMS, does that make any sense?

I would really appreciate any input i can get because i have little knowledge of these things, thank you

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 357
first thing is when you say there 600 watt max subs.
that really doesnt matter we need to know the RMS on the subs. what 2x80wt RMS is saying is that there is 2 channels and each one puts out 80 watts, which would add up 160. second thing is that you said they were 4 channel amps. third you said that the amps were 1600 watts max which dont mean anything we need to know the RMS.

Anonymous

the RMS of the subs is 150 and the amp is 2x 80 the subs are 4 ohm, have you ever heared of the company? is it any good?

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 360
I seriously doubt that brand is any good from what im hearing. before we go into this any deeper can you give me model numbers to both the amp and sub and if i do find it it may help.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 813
I'd say any company that rates 160 rms watt amps as 1600 watts max is questionable.

This as well as "peak", "music", "dynamic" are all fictitious power ratings which mean nothing and are meerly used to catch the uninitiated buyer unaware. Just go look at amplifier specs from top of the line companies. You'll see RMS ratings and nothing else.

This doesn't necessarily mean you've purchased anything other than a pair of 160 watt amps, but I'd think twice about purchasing anything from any company that tries to pull the wool over my eyes.

-Fishy

Anonymous

WOW THANKS A LOT EVERYONE, THAT WAS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE, IL COME HERE NEXT TIME BEFORE I BUY SOMETHING, YOURE AWSOME THANKS AGAIN!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us