Noob ohm question

nublittt
Unregistered guest
if i have a 2 ohm sub that is rated at 1000 watts do i need a amp that has 1000 watts at 1 ohm or what??

Bronze Member
Username: Swantlaphoenix

Tucson, AZ

Post Number: 72
Well no u need an amp that can produce 1000 watts @ 2 ohms. Thats if its your only sub. Is that 1000 watts RMS though or peak

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2065
single 2ohm or dual 2ohm?

Bronze Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 56
sorry i can't help...i have dual voice coile 2 ohm subs...any possible way of running them with a 1ohm amp?

nubllittt
Unregistered guest
james its dual 2 ohm

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 467
ok nubllittt, u gonna need an amp that can produce 1000watts at 1 ohm or 4 ohms. Im assuming thats 1000rms and not peak. but u know wut assuming does, it makes an A$$ out of U and ME. lol

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2072
yup johnny is right! what model sub is it? is the 1000 watts peak or RMS? whatever the RMS power of the sub is you are gonna need thast amount of power either at 1ohm or at 4ohms.

nublittt
Unregistered guest
i made a mistake its dual 4 ohm and 1000 watts rms sry james and johnny can you plz tell me what im gonna need now????thx for help so far

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 471
ok now your gonna need an amp that can produce 1000rms at 2 ohms. seriously doubt there is one that does 1000rms at 8 ohms.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1232
Lol yep, and is this the only sub you plan on running, or are you going to add another?

nubbliit
Unregistered guest
ok thanks for your help and yes this will be the only sub im running :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us