Mono or 2 channel?

Bronze Member
Username: Truckguy

Mission, Tx Usa

Post Number: 20
hey guys i got 2 10"subs(300 Watts RMS) and i got a mono amp(350 watts) o do u all think i should buy a 2 channel instead for better bass??

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 399
the more channels have doesnt mean the bass will sound better. Either will work, but can you give the specs on the amps you are looking at and also the subs specs also that way we can tell you which would be a better combo.

Bronze Member

Mission, Tx Usa

Post Number: 26
ok well basicly this is what i got i got 2 10" subs in a tiny a s s box. the subs are alphasonik series 200 with 300 rms watts. http://alphasonik.com/subWoofers.html

my amp is a directed amp MONO and it has 350 rms wats http://www.drdetailshop.com/d350d.htm

OK so now u guys tell me what should i do get a better amp maybe or... maybe any suggestions on how to hook up my speakers for better bass? like parallel or what..

ok thats the info u all needed to help me out

Bronze Member
Username: Swantlaphoenix

Tucson, AZ

Post Number: 67
Well Im no expert but I have a few words. First off that amp is not gonna push 350. @ 2 ohms its 300. Second.. U HAVE TWO subs so each sub will only get 150 watts. YOur only powering those subs with have the power they can take. I dunno if u want that but something to consider. Since those are dual voice coil 4 OHMS then your best best is to wirt in series. That will show a 4 ohm presence. With that your amp will only give 200 watts. 100 each :-/. Bad choice with the sub choice. Your gonna have to find an amp bridgeble to 1 ohm. Then u can wire in parellel

Bronze Member
Username: Swantlaphoenix

Tucson, AZ

Post Number: 68
My suggestions... Although they are good amps and Im sure not sure how much u wanna spend would be the Jl 500/1. U can get it new for about $400 online. U have a tough one because u need to find an amp that can produce around 600 RMS @ 4 ohms. Or 600 @ 1 ohm if u can find one

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1637
I have an interfire IB2900C amp that pushes 550 watts rms into a 4 ohm load bridged, if your interested in buying it im selling it for 225 shipped, you can wire it in parrallel then series to get a 4 ohm load giving each subs 275 watts rms

Bronze Member

Mission, Tx Usa

Post Number: 27
well im going to keep this in mind well this is what im doing im wiring them in series (the subs). then im NOT buying a new amp cus im saving for a stereo a concept with DVD receiver!!! so i gatta save its a crazy deal (i want that stereo really bad) then if i still get money from the sky...i will get a new amp that says 600rms @ 4 ohms
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us