Alpine CDA 9815 and CDT speakers hook up

ple
Unregistered guest
This is a little long,so please be patient with me. Glass, your opinion on this subject will be appreciated.
I just purchased an Alpine CDA -9815 head unit for my Toyota Van. I plan to purchase the 2 way Eurosport ES-620 CDT component speaker set up for my front ( 6 1/2", 150 W, 92 dB/W.m). I have a few questions.

1. The 9815 has its own cross over set up, how does it work with the ES620 own cross-over circuit?
2. At 27W rms X4 would this be sufficient power to drive the Front and Rear speakers.
3. If I decide to go with an external amp, say a Kicker 2-channel amp @100W/channel . Would it be better for me to use this 2 channel amp to drive the front speakers, and the 9815 internal amp to drive the back speakers? Or is it the other way around?
4. For rear fill speakers would you recommend the CDT coaxial CL-6X ? or component speakers for the rear van passengers.
5. The van alternator is rated at 100A, I want to use the JBL 300:1 to drive my sub. Do you think I might be OK with the stock generator. I do not want to change to a high output alternator ( it will void the van warranty).

Thanks

pete
Unregistered guest
Hey ple
1. If you are running a sub I would use the alpine crossover to put a highpass filter at around 50-80hz and send that signal to the input on the eurosport crossover.
2. Deck power will not be able to properly drive the eurosport components.
3. I would definately use the external amp to drive the front speakers a kicker will do a great job but they are very much underrated and power hungry 100x2 might be a little much for for just components. Which brings up another question if the amp says 100x2 @ 2ohms the CDT's won't see that much power because they are greater than a 2ohm load.
Deck power should be ok for running rear fill just be sure you don't start clipping the internal amp as that could damage the speakers they are driving.
4. The CDT will match great with the eurosports for rear fill.
5. 100A should be enough to run two amps of the power you mentioned so I don't think you will need to change the alternator. Should probably upgrade the wiring under the hood though.

-Pete

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 10
1. The 9815 has its own cross over set up
the crossover on the alpine should be set to about 100Hz, 12dB/octave Q high-pass. the CDT crossover will just split the frequencies between teh tweeters and midranges. they work well together. I've used both on my 9813 and Infinity components.

2. At 27W rms X4 would this be sufficient power to drive the Front and Rear speakers.
oh yeah. it'll get plenty loud and clean with that power as long as the alpine has that dedicated 10AWG line to the battery post for power.

3. If I decide to go with an external amp, say a Kicker 2-channel amp @100W/channel .
try the kicker kx800.4
100w x 4

4. For rear fill speakers would you recommend the CDT coaxial CL-6X ? or component speakers for the rear van passengers.
in a van, try the component set so they get full range in back. you can adjust fader to compendate when nobody is back there.

5. The van alternator is rated at 100A, I want to use the JBL 300:1 to drive my sub. Do you think I might be OK with the stock generator. I do not want to change to a high output alternator ( it will void the van warranty).

try it.
if lights dim, take the van to a starter and alternator shop, and explain about the warranty. see if they can re-wind the stock one to a higher output for you. the dealer will never know the difference as long as you don't take the van in specifically for alternator work.

ple
Unregistered guest
Thank you Glass and Pete for your inputs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us