Amp for single 12" type r

Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 7
I've read a ton of posts on the Alpine type r's but most of them have been about the 300 RMS version and multiple subs. I'm looking for an amp to push just one of the new 500 RMS 12" type r's and I'm looking for a place to start. Any thoughts would be great but try and be specific, I'm new at this. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 386
i have the perfect amp for you...actually i have 2..and they will match.. i have 2 alpine mrd m501 birth sheet says 598.7 x 1 @ 2 ohm. $225 shipped email me at rtc0420@yahoo.com or just answer back here.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 387
actually if your only in VT ill give it to you for $200 shipped...they are both brand new in box with 1 yr. warranty

Bronze Member
Username: Steelheadgoof

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 19
Rob Fox Spec is rated at 14.4 volts. JL 500/1 all the way. Little pricey, 550, but one of the best amps around.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 389
yeah...but when your car is running at over 1500-2000 rpm your guaranteed to get atleast 14 volts. my buddy is running a mrd m1001 with his stock electrical system and he is steady at around 14.1-14.3 volts. so that would be how many watts it is...and for both amps at the same price as that JL it isnt bad at all. but what were you trying to say? dont knock the thread...it is a good amp at a really good price. too bad if it doesnt rate up to your overpriced JL. but i guarantee it will work just as well.

Bronze Member

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 21
I am sure it will work.....OK. JLs are expensive, no doubt there, but if you want competition grade equipment you have to pay for it. People say JL is all name, but when 70% of the WORLDS international competitors use JL, it has to be more than name, and I know it is more than just a label every time I turn on my stereo.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 390
well...am i happy as f*ck for you or what!! but i hate to tell you the only time you go to a competition and see someone running a JL amplifier it is either with a W7, or W6...other than that everyone else is running zapco, tru, mmats, hcca, harrison labs....and the list goes on. but if this is something you want to argue about start a different thread and leave this one to the guy looking for an amp.

Bronze Member

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 22
You need to relax man. There is no need to be childish. Yeh those other companies are used, in the other 30% How many competitions have you been to Rob? I think you are jealous. And I am sorry to see somebody go so overboard on such a pleasent thread. You really should save your moeny and invest in a new system. If you do I hope you go JL, then you will understand where I am coming from.

Bronze Member
Username: Thenoose

Post Number: 17
I have the new type r im running it with a audiobahn a8000t it sounds purty

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 391
lol...jealous...now thats funny..im jealous of your JL amp?????..lol....30%?????...no...how many have i been to....more than 20....and i dont need to relax...this thread was started asking about an amp for his type r and i replied saying i had an amp for sale that would work very well with his type r....then you come in and start poppin off at the mouth trying to make it look like my amp is sh*t and he should buy a JL...why cause you sell JL products at your store???..what a salesman..selling JL outside of work...

and once again...start a different post if you would like to talk about this....other than that im done talkin to your border jumpin a$$...peace**

Vermont

Post Number: 8
So much hostility, I almost feel bad about asking the question but reading the posts made up for it. Getting back to the issue, that sounds like a decent deal and, if I can trust you to be honest here, if I just ran one amp at 2ohms (since I havn't purchased the sub yet I can get the 2 or the 4), I'd still get 425W at 12V right? And that should meet my needs (which aren't competition by the way)right? I'd get both but I don't have quite the scratch so one would have to suffice. Can you send me some pics Rob? darekfanton@yahoo.com. Thanks. Also, not that I don't trust your integrity Rob, but can I get some other opinions about this setup? Thanks.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 392
definitely man im not trying to push it on you at all...but you will get 598.7 watts out of it. the birthsheet says it is rated at 598.7 x 2 @ 2 ohm at 14.4 volts...you will be running atleast 14 volts when your car is on or driving. i dont have any pics of it online but i guarantee it is 10/10 cosmetically and functionally. they have been sitting around waiting for me to get a deck and decided that i was going to go with a single 15" or 18" setup. but definitely look around and see what you can get. and i definitely understand about not trusting me...i dont trust the net either. but i would send C.O.D. so we would both be happy. just get back to me soon so if someone else is interested i dont p*ss either of you off...later man

Bronze Member

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 23
They have a digital eq which it cool, but it can be a pain. Also it would give you 400 watts at 12V. Also if you run a alpine headunit with the basslink your volts and amp temp will show in the lower half of the screen, cool. That amp knocks my 2 jl12w3v2 at work, so it would do nicely if you dont want to go all out. But remember that it is better to go a little over power then under, you could actually harm your sub. The 500/1 obviousley is the perfect amp. Sounds awsome and fits the subs requirments. Cheapest I have seen them on ebay is around 250 used.

Vermont

Post Number: 9
Aight, thanks man. I'm gonna look into it a little and like I said, if anyone else on here has thoughts on Rob's suggestion I'd be interested to hear it. I work nights (which is where I am right now) so I'm out 'til at least tomorrow night, i'll let you know.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 393
dumba$$....he will be overpowering them a little bit...are you f*ckin stupid???? no car runs at 12 volts...maybe when your competing..but im guessing he isnt competing with 1 12" type r...just a guess though...and it isnt the obvious perfect amp....perfect for who???..you???....it is a good amp but why spend the extra money on a JL amp if you arent running a W7, or a W6v2??if your going to spend $550 why not buy a zapco or one of the other brands i listed above???..you make no sense..all your trying to do is push JL products and it is making you look like a d*ck riding b*tch.

Bronze Member

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 24
The MRD m501 puts out 400watts x1 rms at 12 volts not x2

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 394
i work nights too so ill talk to you more about it tonight.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 395
my bad....thats what i meant

Bronze Member

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 25
What the Fu*k is going to happen when the bass hits hard. The voltage will drop. My tacoma gets an AVERAGE of 13.2 volts at 3500rpms. And if you knew anything about mobile audio you would know that the jl slash series amps put out a constant wattage. They do not drop or increase from 9 volts-14.4 volts. So his sub would be powered perfectly. And your little bi*ch competitions in the school parking lot do not count. You are such as a$$ hole.

Bronze Member

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 26
There is much more to an amp then the company rob. The reason the jl is so suprior is that its wattage remains constant. Any where from 1.5ohms to 4ohms, 9 volts-14.4 volts it will supply the advertised power. Also the bass eq on that amp is awsome. You can fine tune a curve to 3hz of tolerance. I was not trying to snake you rob, just trying to put the man into the best avalible amp possible. If you were not such a dick you would be seen that.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 396
your a JL dickrider...all there is to it...kill yourself!!

Bronze Member

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 27
And you are a pot smoking dumb a$$

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 397
what the hell does me smoking pot have to do with anything?...you sell JL, you use JL(cause you get the discount)and you push JL on everyone else. yes they are good amps but for the money there is a sh*tload better.

Bronze Member

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 28
I get eclipse, apline, mb quart, all below cost, so i dont perform with JL becuase of the dicount, I perform with JL because they IMO are the best sounding amps and drivers that are WIDELEY avaliable. And jl as alpine totally beat when it comes to subs and amps. For the extra moeny the are so worth it. Sh*t am suprised you did not mention an xlpod. Seems to fit your taste in sh*tty low quailty products.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 398
lol..since when did alpine become low quality? they are an average company...but im not riding there d*ck either. you have posted 28 times about nothing but JL..half of which you argued with me. so unless you have something better to do or are actually going to do something from across the country shut the f*ck up. keep the JL dick in you a$$ and go somewheres else. all i was trying to do was try and hook this guy up with a good deal on a new amp and you came in with the whole "JL is the best sh*t ever man"...ok well im sure if he wants a JL amp he will get one but i figured since he was probably on a budget that amp would definitely fit his needs and he would be more than happy with it. im guessing if he had $550 to go spend on a 600-700 watt amp he might have gotten something a little better than JL as well. for $200 you cant beat a brand new mrd m501. and id give him both of them for $400, which would still be less than your 1 500/1..and still make that sub thump with a good quality amp.

Bronze Member

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 30
All i was doing was showing him another route, and you had to do was say OK. But no you had to go whinning like the bi*ch you are. And if you argue that the 500/1 is not one of the best amps around you need to take up a differnt hobbie,or get get you head out of your moms A$$. O my god, like he is really going to buy an amp from me. Fu*k, you have serious tempermental issues. Take you own damn advice, are you going to fly to Cali to "f*ck me up" Your just pissed you made your self look like a dumb a$$.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 400
they are great amps...overpriced great amps. oh and way to bring up the mom joke..good one...shows your maturity level...and how did i make myself look dumb??...just stating the obvious that you are a "JL d*ck rider".

Bronze Member

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 31
You know I busted you out Rob. Mabye I am a JL dick rider, but my system is sicker than yours, and I have a killer job. So you go have fun at your parking lot competitions. And get a fu^king life.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 401
you busted me out?...why cause im not going to sit here and get all p*ssed off and talk sh*t like you???...no...and yeah your system should be sicker than mine for $6,000.00. i didnt realize this was a "i spent more than you did" thing. i spent less than $1500...but since i have already started over again..i guarantee that when i spend $1500 this time my sh*t will rock yours. all you have is 1 W6v2...and a 500/1, with a set of xr's. wow...how great. yeah i bet it sounds good but your talking like you have some insane equiptment...and talk about me in my school parking lot..lol...your 19 you dumb f*ck...what did you graduate from your school parking lot last year??? and a killer job??...working at a small electronics chain like CC or BB???haha...maybe one day ill be so lucky but until then ill stay where i work now...you border jumping taco f*cker....haha d*mn spics..

Bronze Member

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 32
Acually i am Spanish you mother f*cker, I am as white as you. And again you fu*ked up i have two w6v2s. Learn how to read serial numbers. This proves that you are nothing but a low life racist. And who said i am pissed, you are the one you started the sh*t talking.

Bronze Member

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 33
And BB or CC carry JL, MB Quart, Eclipse, I dont fu*king think so. But guess what, they carry alpine.

Silver Member

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 402
lol..spanish = spic...and your not as white as me..im not white..haha...and that proves im a low life???WTF...actually it proves i misread it. and i know what BB carrys...ive been there...are you going to push that on me now to spic? you got heated when i called you a spic. why is that? i must have hit a soft spot. well anyways id love to argue with you for another 2 hours but i have sh*t to do..so really... do yourself a favor and kill yourself spic.

Bronze Member

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 34
Go masterbate to your cartoon p0rn. Smoke your blunt. Be cool. Dumb Fu*ck

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1480
Roberto, im not trying to piss you off, but your wrong, JL isnt the best stuff out, sorry, i would take an ECLIPSE amp over a jl amp anyday, along with a US amp, JL arent the best out there, and i would say most competors i see do NOT use JL unless its there subs and amps matching, i see other things, i would say MAYBe MAYBE 30% use JL, and sorry but i have to agree with Rob, his amp would be much better for the type R, not the 500/1 it has a 47 amp current draw, very great, but still very very overpriced and you can do much better for the money, but of course this is all opinion

Bronze Member

Fairfield, California US

Post Number: 35
Exactley, sound is exteremly sunbjective. Like when your best bud thinks his system is like, when you agree but in your head you think it sounds like sh*t. But I am holding my ground. If performance is desired the 500/1 would be a better choice. From a view when looking at Sub spec to amp specs. They are a perfect match.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us