NEW Alpine 9831 - XM Not Working

Unregistered guest
Howdy. Just bought a brand new CDA-9831 and joined it with the XM Universal tuner and Terk Smart Digital Adapter for Alpine XM-ready units, and guess what! No XM. Nothing, all I get on the source button is Tuner, Disc, and Aux. Spoke with Alpine, and they blamed the Smart Digital Adapter - ordered a replacement, it came today, still no XM. Alpine's tech support now states it must be the deck, and they say they'll fix it for free, but I'll be without it for 2 weeks, and I have to pay to ship it there! Circuit City isn't selling these any longer, so they don't have one to replace it with. Any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 70
It's odd that Circuit City won't exchange it for another model, but other than that, you don't have much choice in the matter. Unless you can fix it yourself, you're gonna have to send it back.

Unregistered guest
They don't have another model in their store. I am going back today to see if they can simply order a replacement through their website, which states that they have some in stock. Either way, they're taking care of this, not I, and I'll keep this deck in my car until they get it straight.

Was hoping someone else had this issue and a quick fix, but thanks anyway.

gregory j
Unregistered guest
Reset the unit with the XM adapter installed. When I initally installed mine, it didnt show XM.
A reset after installation cured the problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us