TO ALL THE CAR AUDIO GURUS

Username: Debo0187

Post Number: 1
ALRIGHT GUYS, I NEED YOUR HELP I HAVE 2 MEMPHIS DUAL VOICE COILS 15'S 4 OHM, I HAVE A SONY 1600 WATT MONO AMP, HOW IN THE HELL WOULD YOU ALL WIRE THIS?? I WANT IT TO HIT HARD AS HELL, CAN I ACHIEVE THIS?? LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL WOULD DO?

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 190
it would help if you stated the exact model you have so i can see the specs on the amp.. but if you wire them in parallel your going to get a 1 ohm load on the amp.... and if you absolutely want it to slam your better off getting a real amp but since you already have this one i guess you can hook it up and see how it sounds

Post Number: 2
HERE YA GO TREVOR

# 1600W max power @ 2 Ohms

# 1000W max power @ 4 Ohms
# 500W x 1 RMS into 4 ohms, 20Hz - 100Hz at 0.2% THD
# 900W x 1 RMS into 2 ohms, 20Hz - 100Hz at 0.6% THD
# Class D
# Variable 50 - 300Hz Low Pass Filter
# Frequency Response: 5 Hz - 300 Hz (?3dB)
# Harmonic distortion: 0.06% or less (at 100 Hz, 4 ohms)
# Input level adjustment range: 0.3 - 6V (RCA pin jacks), 1.2 - 12V (High level)
# Low-pass filter: 50 - 300 Hz, -12 dB/oct
# Low boost: 0 - 10 dB (40 Hz)
# Subsonic filter
# Remote Subwoofer level control
# 40Hz EQ boost
# Line level throughput
# MOSFET output stage & power supply
# Input/Outputs:

* Inputs: RCA pin jacks, High level input connector
* Outputs: Speaker terminals, Through output pin jacks

# Pulse Power supply
# Speaker Impedance: 2 - 8 ohms (stereo)
# Power requirements: 12 V DC car battery (negative ground)
# Power supply voltage: 10.5 - 16 V
# Current drain: 50 A (at 4 ohms, rated output)
# Included Accessories: Mounting Screws (4), High level input cord, Protection cap
# Warranty: 1 year parts and labor provided by Sony
# Dimensions (W x H x D): 13 11/16" x 2 1/4" x 13 7/8" (347mm x 57mm x 339mm)

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 191
well you sort of have a problem here... wiring them in parallel would bring your amp to a 1 ohm load which seems to be not stable for that amp... it should push 1000watts RMS 2000 max at 1 ohm but you will probably also burn out your amp. if you hooked up only 1 of the subs you would get your 2 ohm load which will push the roughly 900 watts RMs (which is probably less than that since its a sony amp) .. what are the specs to the sub? ... and if you want to have both of your subs hooked up i would look into an amp that is 1 ohm stable

Post Number: 3
TREVOR HERE YA GO

pecification Summary
RMS/Peak (W) 250/500
Sensitivity (dB) 91
Magnet Size (Oz) 50
Mounting Depth (in) 6.5

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1085
Am I missing something, don't mean to sound stupid, but he has 2 4 ohm dvc subs. A 4 ohm dvc can be wired to a 2, or 8 ohm load. If you wired both the sub's in paralel, wouldn't the total ohm load be 4 ohm's? 2 ohms+2 ohms?

Silver Member
Username: Cory

Canada

Post Number: 161
yes the total load would be 4 ohm's if he wired the coils in series and the speakers in parallel

Post Number: 4
CORY HOW WOULD I DO THAT BRO? TELL ME IN DETAIL IF YOU CAN!!

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 163
whats your email addr so i can send you a pic?

Post Number: 6
DEBO0187@GMAIL.COM

THANKS SKODA

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 164
i sent it let me know if you got it

abdgfgas
Unregistered guest
cory skoda...send me that pic 2 lol my email is danny__keen54@hotmail.com thats two underscores

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 167
ok its on its way..lol

asobfa
Unregistered guest
thanx bub

Silver Member

Canada

Post Number: 168
no problem

isdsvdb
Unregistered guest
lol cory, sorry bub but i dont get ohms law...could u like send me another email that explains it in lamens terms...LAMENS lol

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1228
taylor....PPI amps are some of the best amps out there IMO, lol, but jbl are great starter amps and so on and so forth...RF had some great stuff awhile ago if you can find some of there old stuff...they are in a large slump(ditch) right now lol...the RF amp that Taylor suggested is a great amp, but if your running 4 subs you would end up with a 1/2 ohm resistance i thinik...now its time ti learn you the ohms...if you dont understand this check out www.bcae1.com...its got everything youll ever need to know lol...but this is ohms

Ohms is the resistance to current. So the lower the ohm the lower the resistance. the higher the ohm, the larger the resistance...SOOO lets compare it to a dam...if its got a large resistance (higher ohm) then less water will get through(electrical current)making a less powerful force. If it has a lower ohm it has a lower resistance allowing more power.

It also goes like this EVERYTIME you half a ohm your power doubles or everytime your double your ohm your power halves, see how that works...so example time lol...

If we had the Perfect amp it could halve itself forever until it apporached 0...so lests say it starts at
8 and 100 watts RMS,
then it goest o 4 ohms giving it 200 watts rms, 2ohms=400 watts rms
1 ohm=800
1/2ohm=1600
1/4=2400

so on and so forth until we approach 0, but we never would lol..we dont have a perfect amp, so consider yourself out of luck

NOW ITS TIME FOR WIRING, most subs come in single(low end subs), double(good subs), or quad(competitions like MT's) lol...this is how i understand it!

so if its single voice coil..and you wire it by itself..it stays at that ohm, you worry about this stuff so you know how much power you need at what ohm for certain subs lol. so if its SVC(single voice coil) then it can be wired to its ohm..SVC 4ohm..it gets wired to 4 ohms..simple as that..if its DVC 4 ohm..it has two voice coils and it can get wired in parralell to 2 ohms...or in series to 8 ohms...so you can get differnt powers out of a single sub...but if you have 2 SVC 4 ohm subs, they can be wired the same way as just a DVC 4 ohm K??

BUT if you have 2 DVC they can be wired down (in parraell) to 1 ohm...thats why we were looking at 1500 watt rms amps..the ECLIPSE TI's are 750 watts rms 4 ohm DVC wire two of them to one amp and get a 1 ohm load giving each sub 750 watts rms..PERFECT and put 2 subs to each of the 2 amps...PERFECT...and im not going to go into detail with the other stuff...and register becaue its easier for me to know who anon is ahha...but JL is overrated...200 bucks for the anme basically...but KICK A$$$ STUFF

isdsvdb
Unregistered guest
OMG thanx...i litteraly understand that but wat i still dont understand is how u reduce the ohms with the DVC thing...and is it possible gain ohms by wiring a certain way lol...buddy i really thank u so much this

i really want sub fanaticx answer this because hes the first person explain it in lamens terms lol
btw i am isdsvdb...i just dont wanna register lol

isvbc
Unregistered guest
sub fanatic.,..if u have msn add me plz...i have sum questiuions 2 clear up lol then u can delete me if ya want but if u have it add me danny__keen54@hotmail.com thats 2 underscores

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1234
haha ok thats cool lol...but you can reduce ohms because of the two voice coils on a single sub...hince the term DualVoiceCoil.DVC...but it does this because if you have one voice coil that is 4 ohm..it gets wired to 4 ohms...but if you add another one..it halves because its kinda tricks the amp into giving twice the power because itthinks its giving it to two different subs...get that??? cant explain itthat well lol...but you can make the ohms go higher too...if it is DVC 4 ohm...then you can wire it a vertain way to get 8 ohm, or wire it a diferent way to get a 2 ohm load..or if it was DVC 2 ohm...wire it to 1 ohm or 4 ohms...understand or no?

bobcats54
Unregistered guest
Man your are so awsome...i actually understand that...you have been alot of help...thanx 4 ur time and patience...lol im gonna sign up...since i go 2 school lol my id will probly be bobcats54 cause i play football and i was number 54 lol so thanx

but i got a funny story...ive hooked up 1 system in my life:an xplod u can get at walmart and a lightning audio amp and it worked perfect and i got lucky with the ohms lol

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1235
haha good job....BUT BOBCATS SUCK....GO WILDCATS!!!!!!!!!!WOOOOOO

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1236
glad i could help though

Bronze Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 52
lol im in 8trh grade and im in ky and i live in flyd county lol but thanx 4 the hewlp...im bobcats54,and all them others lol

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1237
haha awesome im a junior in boone county in ky

Bronze Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 55
how far away is boone from floyd

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1238
lol...uh wehere is flyod...in what direction north east what?

Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 4
You guys are alot younger than I figured you would be. I don't like tellin people I'm only 14 with a Vehicle an a bad @$$ system cuz they usually just think I'm lyin.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1199
liar.

:-)

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Silverdale, WA

Post Number: 215
I just turned 24 starting to turn into an old f art

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1297
dont worry im 17 and wishing i was 21 lol

Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 9
Usually anytime I say I'm 14 online everyone stops talkin to me and says there is no way I can have a system or know what I'm talkin about. Most of my friends are 16-18 tho. I usually hang out with them every weekend and they come to me to work on their systems. I still need to learn alot more though.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1463
well everyone here is happy to help, and questions and were usually all ears, or eyes, whatever
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us