Help!

Username: Projectpat

Post Number: 3
First off, im a casual music listener, I listen to rap and I wont be going to comps or anything. I dont have alot of money really, I was wondering what is a really good amp(or any other parts too)to start off with? Price for Power, regarding subs Im gonna get.

I wanna spend 500ish on a complete system from scraps, have any suggestions?

I have a 95 T-Bird, and can use the whole trunk space, its a fairly big trunk. Later ill return with some real numbers.

I wanna bump, but I dont need ground breaking. If I need to press the for the best, its gonna be Subs.

HELP :-D Thanks guys.

Username: Abew330

Camarillo, Ca Usa

Post Number: 9
get a older amp for the subs.. mono or 2ch, (fosgate etc...) u can pick up a good one off ebay for under 100.. but you dont really need a lot of watts..

i mean i have a fosgate amp a 60xi 30watts RMS, bridged i think only puttin out 100watts or less to my two 15".. it pushes it really good..

are you goin to be running a amp for your door speakers? do u have a aftermarket head unit already?

theres a really nice sub, pioneer 12" sub that i think just came out, at bestbuy.. i picked it up (just the sub alone) and damn thing was so light i was like "damn!" light azz speaker.. it was in a bass box that bestbuy sold. bestbuy sells it for to much, again u can get this sub off ebay for bout 40 bucks or less.. but i would get the box the sub was in.. go to bestbuy and check it out..

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 723
If you want an inexpensive new(discontinued) amp that can be used for highs if you ever upgrade your sub amp this one used to list for almost 400 bucks. I own one and it works and sounds great for both applications. IMO it sounds better than any comparable RF I've heard(including the 1980's stuff) for mids and highs although an old school Punch 150 would decimate it in a bass app.

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?icatid=303&stk_code=sourub3002&svbname=403

-Fishy

Post Number: 4
Thanks guys for all the suggestions, going over it tonight and tommorow and ill tell ya what I plan on going.

abraham your questions
"are you goin to be running a amp for your door speakers? do u have a aftermarket head unit already? "

Yes, and No. (Getting one)

Im gonna go to best buy and check em out.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2034
Casey, look for class D amp. It'll use less power to produce the kind of sound you're looking for (since you're mainly into rap).
The older RF amps were great, but lot of them are class AB and will eat up lot of current. Last thing you need is alternator/charging problem.

Post Number: 5
Thanks Isaac, any personal suggestions on a Class D Amp?

Post Number: 6
btw, i saw that JBL BP600.1 for 210ish, but im lookin to aim lower than that in price if possible yet have quality.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2038
That is not bad, you won't find too many quality amps under $200.
The user MO on here is selling 2 JL 500/1 amps. You might want to make a deal with him. If you want an amp that'll last while giving excellent sound quality, then try JL 500/1.
If that is out of your range, then look for class D amps in MTX, Audiobahn, PPI PC/PCX series, Orion.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2039
That is not bad, you won't find too many quality amps under $200.
The user MO on here is selling 2 JL 500/1 amps. You might want to make a deal with him. If you want an amp that'll last while giving excellent sound quality, then try JL 500/1.
If that is out of your range, then look for class D amps in MTX, Audiobahn, PPI PC/PCX series, Orion.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us