Coaxil vs componet

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 151
this is for a 1999 Nissan Frontier standard cab truck. Will i really get better sound from componets then coaxils. i have heard differnt things. some told me that coaxils will work better and some say componets. I want what will sound best.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 543
Components are better hands down. Coaxils are used for cheap installs were the person doesn't want to do anything more that replace the factory speaker.

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 152
well i have a set of mb quart 5.25 refrence componets. What amp yall recommend for the best possible sound quality. I have a DEH-770MP with 4volt pre-outs if that matters.

Bronze Member
Username: Bobo123

Post Number: 66
I am about to purchase a PPI PC series amp, also check out the PCX and Art series by PPI. Isaac recomends them pretty strongly.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3516
If you do a crappy install of components, then the coaxials will sound better. If the components are installed correctly then they will usually have the best SQ and imaging because of their flexibility. Really it's not the fact that it's a coaxial that makes it worse, it's the fact that companies don't invest the research to build a good pair of them. There are also very good "coaxials" out there, though, examples are the CDT Braxials (more of a component with a coaxial mounting system), Boston Z6s (same as CDTs), and also Morel Integras.

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 153
Where can i do some reading up on the best way to install componets. cause im pretty new to all this. This will be my first componet install

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 545
www.caraudiocentral.net/forums

look at the FAQ section, its the third one down. It has tons of info on stereos and installs.

www.wickedcases.com/tutorials/index.html
www.wickedcases.com/links/index.html

Here is two more pages with links, and info.

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 549
Hay Jonathan, I understand the mounting systems that Boston Acoustic uses for their pro and Z series, but to me they are still true components. The only difrence is the mounting hardware they come with. Can you clarify how they fit into the coaxial department?

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 154
How would the factory locations for the midrange and the tweeter work? the midrane is towards the bottom of the door and the tweet is up top

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3518
What I meant by the Zs being same as CDT was the fact that they were components with a coaxial mounting option. Sorry, should have clarified further.

Silver Member

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 551
Kebo, that depends alot on the interior of your car. I perfer to keep the tweets within about a five inch radious of the outside edge of the mid. However it isn't a must. Your best bet is to use some double sided tape and play with the tweeter location, and angle till you find something you like. Once you find something mark it with a pencil or a peice of tape and play around for a few more days. Once you find the spot you really like, or notice that the spot you marked last was your favorite then your good to go.

Silver Member

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 155
Sounds like a plan. thx for the input. got an amp recomendation for the componet set. i want the best possible sound quality. I have about 350 for an amp.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us