Anybody know of some AWESOME 6x8s for a FORD?

Bronze Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 96
I have Pioneer 4-ways. I think I've blown them for the last time(3). I might end up changing to 6.5 inn the front, tho. These things (Pioneers) are 50wrms/240 peak. Help me please.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 528
Yeah stay away from ovals, go with the 6.5 if you can

Bronze Member
Username: Bobo123

Post Number: 52
If your not going to use an amp and want to stick with budget, I prefer infinity reference 6.5 coaxils. Order off line for cheap.

Bronze Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 100
They are amped.

Bronze Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 100
why stay away from oval? im about to buy inifity and alpine 6x8s for my ford in the front and rear.

Anonymous

6X8's BLOW so you aint gonna find no good one's

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 310
round drivers are more accurate than ovals. you will never see an oval speaker in a SQ competition for that reason.

tips, consider a set of these:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-mOblGiee6ET/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=103200&I=142SA68
and a good 5.25" component set. or if you can find an adapter to let you fit a 6.5" that would be even better. do this at least for up front. you'll get much better sound quality.

for the rear it's not quite as important because you'll want to limit the high frequencies coming from back there anyways so you dont mess up your imaging.

the optimal solution, assuming you have no subwoofer, would be to run a 6.5" component set in the front crossed over at 100-125Hz, and a set of 6.5" midrange/midbass drivers in the rear, crossed over at 80-100hz.

if you wanted to take it one step further, you would have much much better sound if you simply dropped the rear speakers and added an infinity basslink or some other self-powered subwoofer if you wanted to avoid the whole sub, amp, and box ordeal. hope it helps.

Bronze Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 60
You shouldnt even say AWESOME and FORD in the same sentence!!! j/k Kojak

Bronze Member
Username: Josebyron

Pacoima, California USA

Post Number: 42
You can't go wrong with JL, I think the model is xr-570. I had them in my Focus and they rocked. so good, that I am about to get a new set for my new Mustang convertible (woo hoo!)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us