RE X.x.X full excursion question

Bronze Member
Username: Armadalegq2000

Post Number: 35
the other day i heard two x x x's 10" ported with only PG 1200.1 with true 600 rms to each sub...it straight up destroyed my two mtx 9500's off hifonics 1800 with a true 700 rms to each sub.....my buddy up at the RE shoppe said he'd strap two of my hifonics to a pair of x.x.x's and call it day which i am considering since i have the electrical system for it....but why not just run my hifonics 1800 brutus to to X.x.X's and see how it sounds....would proabbly be better than the pg 1200.1...so my question is whats the minumum wattage fro x x x's to reach full excursion...i was looking at brahmas and avalanches b/c they supposedly perform better at lower wattages but after eharing the RE's im def. sold on them......any opinions or advice

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1194
depends on the box size, the bigger the box the less power. just look at the brahmas stats and findings, since the x and the brahma are very close to the same sub.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1130
Anything around 1000 watt's is fine.

Bronze Member
Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 86
Don't go less than a G to each

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1293
yea i would put at least 1000 watts into each speaker if you can, that would be awesome...or just go with the 15 and put all of the watts into one sub lol

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1957
I would run more like 1500 if you could. 1000 will do in a large sealed enclosure but I have heard those subs need a good 1200-1500 to reach peak.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1318
wow...thats just sooo much power

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1958
yup they are power hungry subs. thats why I tend to recomend brahma or avalanche if you have anything under 1200 watts.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1323
haha true...why not a Ti/

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1959
I did sub I recomeneded a TI to you if you remember correctly lol! the reason I dont recomend them as much is because as I told you when I was talking to you about your new system about a month or so ago I have never heard the TI just heard great things about them. I tend to not really push a product unless I have heard it myself or used it in the past.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1364
haha..i love your arguments your always so right dam you

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
yea well im almost forced to go with x.x.x b/c brahmas are on back order for like 4 mnths. and avalanches arent available in 10" or 12" yet....im most likely to go with two re's even if im not getting them 1k watts each its not like there going to sound bad.....james though how does an avalanche compare to an X.x.X with the reccomended 800 on a avalanche and say 1000 watts on x.x.x , how would you compare this??

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1206
you could get away with less then 1000watts if needed. just make a bigger box, about 2.5 feet.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1041
get an HCCA....

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1983
I would go with Hunter's suggestion. Build the box a little larger if you are only gonna give that much power. I highly recomend the avalanche though and with that amount of power it would be optimal. I have mine running 2.5cu/ft with about 600 watts and it sounds very nice.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
2.5 in each chamber or total?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1985
each!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts