4 15" dual 2 ohm atlas subwoofers

JasonW212
Unregistered guest
how would that sound? in general. i know there is alot of different scenarios that would change it but on a scale from 1-10 what would it be comparable to in spl? sq? i would have 2 15" dual 2 ohm atlas 15" subwoofers on 1 600watt RMS at 2 OHM, and i would have the other 2 off of the other 600 watt RMS amplifier. this is all going into a 1996 4 door chevy cavalier. the backseats have been taken out and it is being replaced by a wall. the entire car will be dynamatted, and i will have MB Quart components PCE 216 in the front doors. just guess on what im going to meter and how the sq will be. then when i get it metered we can see who was the closest. thank you very much in advance
Sincerely,
Jason W.

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 353
im guessing very loud but then again ive never heard those subs. ive heard alot about the avalanches so those subs cant be that bad. and especially 4 15's. and a wall..(see Joe Smoe lol)that sh*t should be crazy loud even with only 1200 watts.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1793
Just one question... Are you gonna have those Atlas's specially ordered to be dual 2 ohm's? I hope you realize that you can really only wire them to 4 ohms. Yes it's a dual voice coil driver, but you don't power the second voice coil. The second voice coil is smaller and is used to adjust the Qts. I even talked to Chad about wiring the Atlas, he said exactly what I thought, you can only wire one to 4 ohms.

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 287
I Have a wall of 4 tempests (extremely similiar to the atlas.) with about 1400 watts rms. It will be loud.

Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 3
I have never heard of the atlas subs. I'm looking for a new system when I get some more money saved up. Could someone post a link or what website I could go to to see the subs and read the specs?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us