MTX 9500 INFO!!!!!

Username: Boomingdub1331

Post Number: 1
alright, i have a chance to pick up one of my buddies mtx 9500's brand new not even opened yet for a good deal. so heres my question. i have heard that i could hit about 140 dbl with 2 Memphis audio m3's so i ordered me a set, there dual 4 ohm. now i am a novice in all of this and just recently became a bass junkie. i sat in my cousins porsche with 2 jl w6's and it slammed.... so i am addicted. i went out and threw in 2 12" w3's my cousin had lying around and ive been looking to upgrade since.

so my question is which should i go with, the one mtx 9500 or the 2 m3's? which will hit higher spl, and which will slam my car harder.

i also want a recommendation for an amp because i doubt my 500/1 jl amp will be enough juice to do anything with.

any help here would be much appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1047
nick, i dont know personally, but i hear that the 9500 does NOT hit hard or sound good without an ss box, so consider throwing another 300 bucks for a box if you want it to be what it could, and alot of people love memphis, im just not a big friend...supposed to be good for the price though. and the 500/1 is a really good amp, if nothing works out ill buy it lol

Post Number: 2
well if thats the case, what ould you recommend sub wise, i mean id like to able to say "i can do whatever with one sub" but if it has to come down to 2 subs what should i be looking for. i shouldve also mentioned my buddie has a brahma" is that right ... i dont know how u spell it but i think its adire audio.... yeah tha thas to be in a crappy set up because with how much everyone raves about it.... his setup sound shorable compared to my cousins convertable.... and i thought converts were horable for woofers.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1050
how much money are you looking to spend? and for your buddies brahma its 80% install and 20% equip, so its prolly poorly installed in a bad box, but brahmas are supposed to be just downright bada$$ subs...

Post Number: 4
ahh.... well the money thing is very bendable. but i dont wanna be the kid who got his subs because he has the money to blow. i dont want a system thats "the best of the best with lots of money" i want to spend from like 300 to 450 on the sub. and it just has to be a good system thats loud, hits hard. like id rather be able to shake the hair on your head and knock off my rearview....

the amp is nothing, the box is nothing. i have a buddie who works at an install shop so he can hook me up with a box no problem.

how much does the car matter? this is going into a 1998 VW GTI vr6 turbo, i alredy had it dynomatted for this project.

Nick_sq
Unregistered guest
your sub kicks as-s. Will eat a JL w7 in the spl department...not sure about SQ...but i know a single 9500 hits close to my type X 12's with the same amp (2500d)

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 315
Check out Eclipse, Treo, Resonant Engineering, Digital Designs, and JL. All companies have high end subs in your price range that will rock. Just make sure you'll be able to afford a high quality amp that will feed these subs the power they need.

Post Number: 10
can u throw out a dbl number there? like i want something around 140 and shake the piss out of my little hatch.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1053
i would suggest with 400 bucks get a 15 inch x.x.x....amaxing subs..or a 15 or 12 inch eclipse Ti.

nick_sq, that isnt really true, i disagree a 9500 wont eay a w7, no way it would happen.period!

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1745
Sub where the heck did you hear that the 9500's only perform well in SS boxes? Hey, I think the 9500's are way overrated, and mtx stuff isn't top notch anways, but I'm sure if you built a ported box to specs the 9500 wouldn't be horrible. It'd still be good, just not awsome compared to other subs in it's class. Don't really get how anybody could say it only sounds good in a SS box.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1057
because the people who have had it on this site and had it in multiple boxes said that they only sounded good and hit well were in ss boxes...rememeer the 9500 conversation in ss box that was uberly long awhile back lol

Bronze Member
Username: Chenzevy

Post Number: 21
GET THE MTX 9500 in SNAIL SHELL!!!

u can get the sub and box for $799 shipped

get a 1501d amp

there are people hittin 144 on this set up

www.poweredforsound.com

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3500
There are plenty of subs out there that can hit 140s with a single 12" sub, a smartly tuned ported box and a lot of power will get you that. Really, any of the subs mentioned above are capable of 140s, of course dependant on vehicle and overall design, but in a hatchback, high SPL #s are pretty easy to get.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1098
jonathon, just wondering but if i go to the car audio store near my house and get the tuned thingy so i know where to tune my box, will they charge me most likely, and how do they do it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us